Oglethorpe County Schools Reviews

Nothing about this school system is good. We have roaches chilling out in the cafeteria during lunch, snakes coming into the gym bathrooms, teachers who are sharing tobacco products with students. This whole place is a redneck infested crap hole.
I've been here for four years and overall it's been alright. I'd change some of the facilities because they're a bit outdated.
I have been going to the school for two years, and honestly, it is kinda sad. The faculty barely care about the students, the textbooks are falling apart, we have TVs that are never used, and if it rains, the lower parking lot smells like the sewer and the wifi breaks. the teachers sometimes know what they are teaching, and there is the occasional fight because there isn't enough seating in the cafeteria.
Start Your Review of Oglethorpe County Schools
Oglethorpe County is one of the largest counties in Georgia and much of the land is used for agriculture. It is a rural, small town environment with one stop light and a sprinkling of restaurants and gas stations. The primary and high school buildings date back to before segregation. The elementary school was built in the 80's or 90's and the middle school was built around 2009. There are around 500 students enrolled in each school. The high school has a wonderful Ag. class but lacks desperately in the fine arts. Though the system lacks in some departments, the teachers make up for it by going the extra mile for their students. Many teachers are also coaches of after school activities or stay long after the bell has rung helping a student understand their studies. My experience in Oglethorpe County Schools has been an overall good one, the only problem being that I'm not cut out for small town life.
Overall, I enjoyed my time in the Oglethorpe County School System. The educators, administrators and other staff were always very kind and on top of things. The only thing I can say that's negative about the OCSS is that the facilities were not the best, but I understand that the lack of funds was the issue for that.