Octorara Area School District Reviews

My high school experience was full of homework and tests. It was fun to see my friends and i had some close teachers that helped me with my studies. My school is very small, and our high school and middle school are like combined. Our Football team just started a couple of years ago, and were not that good. Overall all teachers did their best to educate me, and i have learned a lot from them. Our school was small, but the school community was great and all very helpful to each other.
I absolutely loved the community and the teachers. Especially Mrs. Waston and Doc. McWatters. They truly prepared me for college and were interested in my growth as a student. However, the sports program is the worst around. The field hockey coach and AD from 2019 cut 5 seniors on the team because they "needed younger players to build the program." The softball program has also gone down the drain with one of the coaches sitting vital players through games and putting players in positions they've never played. Very inexperienced coaches and horrible program. The music program however is amazing. Mr. Cullen has truly built a wonderful environment for students to not just grow as musicians but also as people. He is very understanding when it comes to academic and athletic conflicts and does everything her can to make everything work out.
I just spoke to school counselor about the lack of challenging classes. This district does not offer algebra 1 until the 8th grade. That is nuts! She said that most of the students in this district don’t go to college and they are too stupid to take advanced classes. It is an okay district for the average Joe but not for my son. He is too smart to be in this district. He won’t make it into an Ivy by going to this school.
Start Your Review of Octorara Area School District
The math department is horrible. Music is the most successful group in the district and regularly wins awards at parades. Sports are no good, although the community built on a team is special because of the tightly knit smaller groups. Science and english departments also are the better ones. Honors and AP classes do well to prepare one for college, especially AP Literature.
It is a good school district with friendly teachers. They have accommodations if needed including elevator access for those with walking difficulties. I made many friends during my team there, including a few best friends.
I went from kindergarten to 12th grade in this school district. I believe that this district provides a great environment for students to grow and learn. The Octorara Area School District has amazing teachers and staff that genuinely care about the students and the community.
Half the teachers are amazing while others could not care less. I can think of at least 5 teachers who are paid to sit on their phones all day. There are too many rules and the staff could definitely lighten up. What kind of school bans earphones? Ours, apparently.
I have attended Octorara Area School District since kindergarten. Our school is small and tight-knit, compared to many others around us. I feel that this is what makes our school so homely, we build relationships with our peers, teachers and administrators that you wouldn't find at any other school. We become a family at Octorara, and always support each other, whether that be in sports at our Friday Night Football games, or at inductions of the National Honors Society. The teachers are always willing to help and make sure you understand what you're learning. This especially relates to me, as I'm in a career technical program for child care education. My CTP teacher is truly the best teacher I've ever had, she always makes sure I'm on task and goes out of her way to make sure we're successful. The consideration she puts into helping each of her students is apparent and nothing I've witnessed before, it's truly inspiring. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities at Octorara!
The passion of some of the teachers is incredibly inspiring. But sometimes they aren't clear on assignments, content, etc.
I enjoy that the school is small and the multitude of teachers that are always there to support you and make sure that you’re on the right track to succeed.
Good Learning Environment , Great Location, Educators who care. Octorara has been a great school district since moving here. They allow for dual education opportunities with TCHS which allows students a chance to broaden their education with a more specific focus in the field they are interested in.
The teachers are very friendly and helpful, they don't mind staying late to help you after school. Also there are lots of clubs and after school activities for students and the campus is nice
Octorara, overall, is an excellent school. Middle school, and grades below, are structured well for young students to get a good start in preparation for high school. However, this structure also tends to suppress the individuality that children are known for; this is the main reason for four stars and not five. The high school though, provides a plethora of opportunities for college credit and dual enrollment. The teachers in the high school, while some can bring down students and even harm their academic careers, these teachers a few and can be easily avoided. The teachers that love their jobs and help their students far outweigh the bad ones. These teachers have helped me and my classmates do our best to prepare for college far beyond what they were required to do. Octorara is an excellent school that prepares students for their intended futures well beyond most other schools. My time there has given me an amazing start.
I’ve been going to octorara my whole life. It’s small, but we’re all a family and everyone knows everyone. I wouldn’t wanna go anywhere else to be honest.
Octorara is a small school where I learned a lot and had a great experience with learning and team bonding on the football team. It is a school where everyone knows each other.
i was bullied and the teachers did not do anything to help me! I am so depressed and i am so mad! Why would they let ME suffer! 😠😠😠😠😠

My mom talked to the teachers so many times and they did NOTHING 😢
I had horrible thoughts, but they're gone 😣
SOHAPPy i am online schooled.
I LOVE INTERNET SCHOOL😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
lol OCTORARA LOSERS 😆😆😆😆😆😆
Octorara was a small enough school that when you walked through the halls, you knew almost every face. They pushed to excel you in your studies and have you prepared for your future starting in 8th grade! The teachers are passionate about what they do and they show how much they care for their students a ton. I would love to see the students change more. I would love to see more school spirit and participation at sporting events. I still love this school, it is where I’ve gone my whole life!
Start Your Review of Octorara Area School District
I moved to Octorara my sophomore year of high school and if I'm being honest, I was kinda a loner my first year there. Not because of the school, but because I'm just not as social. But after that first year, it was pretty good. The sports were okay, we didn't always win. Which is okay. The education is pretty good as well. I don't know about other people, but I got pretty good grades there.
Most of the teachers there are excellent. The courses are taught well. The facilities are nice. As high schools go, Octorara is a very good place to attend.
I love the environment and teachers at Octorara, they truly do care about the kids and want us all to succeed.