Ocean Springs School District Reviews

Since I have attended Ocean Springs High School I have had an awesome experience. All the teachers here are excellent helpers and are dedicated to their students. They have helped me prepare for college in every way possible and I could not thank them enough. The only thing that I would change would be to have a little bit more leniency and not make a school seem like a prison. Therefore overall Ocean Springs High has a good and friendly environment. Every time I have needed help on anything or just want to get more involved with the community they have helped me prepare for that. In conclusion I would like to thank this wonderful environment for all their help in preparing me for college and the experience of being a Greyhound.
Academically, this district is descent for Mississippi. However, the teachers do not care about the students and the bullying and harassment is terrible.
As someone who has graduated from Ocean Springs School District, I have many memories of this School and what others had talk about it as well. The hallways were for the most part were usually clean. The exception being when class period is over and everyone is moving around, even then it is not that bad. The Band was a great class and had great teachers. This class took great care of their equipment as well. The teachers in band also push us to do our best and I would say it did great results for me. Overall I would say it was a great place to be and would not have it any other way.
Start Your Review of Ocean Springs School District
though I have gained a lot of knowledge from this district, they did not help me when I needed help the most, I have been kicked out, and come back, but I still see the same problems.
Some of the teachers at Ocean Springs are there to help you which is great. However, this school is mainly composed of kids from wealthy families, so there are very rude and bratty kids there at Ocean Springs. At times, the school cares more about money than the students.
I have attended ocean springs school district since i was in the 5th grade and it has been good. I did have my ups and downs with some teachers but i am a senior now and now that i look back i had fun in these 8 years. All the teachers are here to help you and just because some are more hard on you does not mean they are not helping.
Overall my high school experience has been great. I’ve made so many friends and have shared so many experiences with those friends. Some of my favorite memories are from the softball team here at school. Being on a sports team in highschool is so much fun and if you are new to the district it’s a great way to make friends. From our dugout dance offs to long bus rides to games, the softball team has provided me with many laughs.
Academically, Ocean Springs has the best public high school in the state by a significant margin, especially considering the high level of AP and IB participation. The athletics programs are above average for Mississippi, and there’s a wide range of clubs. While there is some diversity, most children come from middle to upper-middle class families.

The three elementary are very top notch as well; you definitely can’t go wrong with any of the three.
School district has helped me thrive in all my areas of study. They are compassionate about helping students succeed and advance in future goals.
I love Ocean Springs High School, they any class you can dream of and offer constant support and resources are great. It's an amazing thing school I'm glad I get the opportunity to attend. It's truly the best in the state.
Ocean Springs school district is the best! My daughter came from a horrible school district and school halfway through her 1st grade year. OSSD was a breath of fresh air. Everyone welcomed her with open arms. There isn't one person at her school that isn't amazing! Very organized! Parents are welcome to volunteer in class. So happy we moved here!
I liked the fact that there were so many different courses presented to the students and that the teachers were constantly driving students to do their best. I would change how awful the dresscode is towards females. 4/5 of every student dresscoded were females. It made the female student body question if their education was just as important as a males’. A student should never be sent home or interrupted when trying to learn because they were showing too much shoulder or it was a “distraction.” I would also change how many days a student was allowed to miss. Only 2 absences allowed unless from a doctor. Many times throughout the year, children get sick, especially if they are stressed which causes them to be more susceptible. It isn’t realistic that a person only be allowed two absences a nine weeks without a doctor’s excuse. Some people can not afford to go to the doctor, or it’s a stomach bug and does not require a doctor — just rest and fluids.
My time at Ocean Springs School district spanned from K-12 and from top to bottom it is a top tier school district that I will recommend to many for years to come. The teachers always put the students first and you fell like you have a voice as they prepare you to face the real world. Now not all schools districts are perfect and I will admit there are times where OSSD has seemed less desirable, but I can happily say those times were mainly the food. Other than that this school district is absolutely amazing.
I would like for the faculty to actually teach students instead of punishing the children for ridiculous rules that don’t make sense.
We love Ocean Springs. The schools are great. I have 4 kids in 4 different schools in the district and they are all very happy here. The high school offers many great programs. My oldest thoroughly enjoys his classes. The teachers in all the schools are great and genuinely care about the students. Top rated in academics too (3rd in the state.) We love OS.
I recently graduated from Ocean Springs High School. It is one of the top schools in the state of Mississippi and is competitive nationally, especially in its AP programs, with passing rates higher than the national average. I passed 10 of them myself. It also had an IB program, something uncommon to the area. It is also in a relatively high income area. Only problem is that students and faculty can be pompous sometimes. But there are just as many good people that help you out. Overall, it is a good school with many opportunities.
Unless you are an academically excelling student, no one cares about you. They have good programs designed for very intelligent students that are excellent, but if you are just an average student you get left in the dust. The school doesn't provide funding for most sports. They do however have multiple CTE classes to help students figure out where they would like to go with their future career, these classes are designed for anyone.
Start Your Review of Ocean Springs School District
Ocean Springs is an A rated school. We have great athletic teams, and great academic programs. My overall review of Ocean Springs is only three stars because race is still an issue here.
Ocean Springs has a phenomenal school district! I feel as though I have been challenged and offered many opportunities to prepare myself for college.
I attended Ocean Springs schools my whole and my favorite part about growing up in this district was the balance of work, play and creativity in all grades.