Northville Public Schools Reviews

Majority of the teachers love what they're doing and truly want to see your child succeed. I also enjoyed the great involvement of the community and parents in the students who played sports or are a part of drama or music. Its in a very safe city and each student leaves the high school feeling ready to begin college (if they choose that path).
Northville Public Schools does a good job hiring teachers who care about their students and know how to teach in a understanding manner.
As a Sikh, I never felt prejudiced against for my turban. I was to take many AP courses and thanks to the help of my guidance counselor I was able to have a smooth college applications process.
Start Your Review of Northville Public Schools
Northville High School is a very large school filled with large opportunities for all the students. Ranging from class-based internships to many college credit opportunities, Northville goes above and beyond in their way to help each and every student succeed in their own goals in life.
I liked the atmosphere of Northville High School and how much the counselors actively help you succeed to the best of your ability. The thing that I would change is to all students to take more online classes.
Northville High School has helped me grow into the student I am today. With a variety of classes and rigorous coursework, NHS has set me on the path of success for college. One particular the high school adopted is blended learning; this is a type of schedule which gives students one class period to sleep in or talk to teachers for extra help. Although NPS is set on making every student as successful as possible, I wish that the administration would focus more on students’ mental health rather than just grades and activities. As a junior, trying to balance the coursework from my AP and honors classes, clubs, volunteer work, and preparing for the SAT is stressful to say the least. I hope the the Northville Public School administration and staff will take that into account to make a better, healthier Northville.
I love the school. Helped me become successful and get into the college of my dreams. They well prepared me for college and I felt comfortable entering college even though its a big step.
Northville provides students of all ages with a supportive and resourceful education. Students are encouraged to persue their interests through a variety of classes, clubs, and activities. Standards are set high, and students are taught to believe they can reach the high expectations. I would like to see more diversity in Northville, making students who are different feel as though they have people who are alike within the school district.
A wonderful public school that puts their children's education first. They provide students with the newest technology such as Apple Macs, smart boards, I Pads, and Chrome Books.
Northville public schools is a great school system to grow up in. As with any journey, I had a couple of bumps along the way but all in all I got a wonderful education, met wonderful people and had an overall great experience.
I enjoyed attending Northville High School and previous Northville Public Schools. I found that the teachers were incredibly nice and did their job extremely well. However, my one complaint was the slight safety of students driving to school on the icy roads early in the morning. Besides that its, in my opinion, one of the best school districts out there.
The best part about the school is it's strong academic standings and opportunities. It is still adding onto it's curriculum to give students the best opportunities possible, which makes it great. However, cost of living makes it inaccessible to some people that would want to go there.
Northville High School does help prepare you for college the computer labs are a little out of date. There are a lot of people in a small area with classes averaging about 40 people. There are a lot of AP and IB and Honors classes while some of the teachers are not the best, you just need to know which teachers are actually going to help you
Northville Public Schools is a great school system offering free public education. It has some of the best resources from state of the art facilities to textbooks to computer systems. All the teachers and faculty are extremely qualified and ambitious in the performance of their jobs. Northville High School has consistently been named one of America's Top High Schools according to US News and World Report. Its academics are stellar: offering twenty three advanced placement courses as well as a full International Baccalaureate program.
Teachers,Staff,Parent Volunteers and most of all the young student leaders that grow into young-adult leaders.
I went to junior high at Hillside, and elementary at Moraine. I had no problems until I reached high school. Your experience at Northville High is entirely based on a mix of chance, how much money you have, and how much you and your parents suck up to the faculty. The math department is especially one where you could get an amazing teacher, and have a good experience. Or, you end up with teachers who don’t want to teach, and will teach for all of five minutes out of an hour and a half class. I have had four different teachers, and only one of them taught. One of the worst parts is that Northville changes schedules halfway through the year, so you could end up with the same cruddy teacher, or get switched into a cruddy teacher’s class. I have had the same math teacher for three semesters, and I’m praying that for my last two semesters I get a teacher who can teach! The rest of the school is pretty darn similar!
I liked the overall academic experience that I had at Northville. I think that the resources I had available and classes I was enrolled in really helped build a strong foundation for me to use in my future endeavors - college. However, I think some of the teaching staff were not satisfactory and they don't adapt well to diverse student needs and learning styles.
Start Your Review of Northville Public Schools
Throughout my schooling, I was always prepared for the next level. Now in college, the material that we are covering in my entry level classes, I already have extensive knowledge in from my high school classes. I had wonderful teachers and always found support when I needed it.
Overall, Northville High School has a lot of variety in terms of classes. If you know what your interests are, there are most likely classes to help you learn more! The only thing I would like to see change is that they advertise their different options more to students so they really know what they can do.
I would say that the school is good with getting students ready for college level classes. However, I would make sure not to load up on too many AP classes, remember to enjoy High School.