Northern Humboldt Union High School District Reviews

Teachers and administration are very helpful and willing to go out of their way for students. However, academics and AP/IB programs are still rocky and need more time to settle into a more efficient environment for students.
This school districts had a number of alternative education opportunities which I greatly benefited from. As a recent graduate, I felt the teachers and staff took a personal interest in my academic success. I may not have graduated without the flexibility of staff to help students in varying situations succeed. I cannot speak for any other schools than the one I attended, but if the teachers are trained across the board in helping student succeed, I would say it is worth wild to enroll a child within the district.
I attended Arcata High, in the district and was very happy to have attended. The staff prepared me for college in every way. Because of what I was exposed to and taught I was much more ready for college classes then many of my college classmates, all of my professors asked where I had attended high school.
Start Your Review of Northern Humboldt Union High School District
I loved the teachers, they were caring, helpful, encouraging, and supportive! They were considerate in assigning work and they were extremely knowledgable in their respected fields. The campus had an amazing cohesiveness and all the students felt welcomed and safe.
NHUHSD has both positive and negative aspects. Going through the system as an International Baccalaureate student, I believe I received the best education, resources and treatment the district had to offer. I can't speak for the experience of other students on campus not in the program. We have some very dedicated staff and faculty, but also a few who are extremely difficult and were detrimental to my education.
McKinleyville High School offers multiple activities for all types of people from art, science, and athletics. Higher level classes are offered in a small school size. The teachers are hardworking and enjoy their job.