North Hills School District Reviews

good education, safe school,
do away with the paper straws
if you have to raise the price of the lunch meal, so be it because the kids don't get enough to eat
Plenty of opportunities in the technology department. Everyone has access to a computer or Ipad. The school lunch could use some TLC.
There are a lot of course options to choose from. It is similar to a college listing of courses. College preparatory and Advanced Placement courses are abundant. There is little diversity among race or economic status. Teachers are always there to help and ensure success. The counseling office works hard to ensure that we are prepared for our next steps in life. Overall I feel safe at this school and have enjoyed my time there.
Start Your Review of North Hills School District
I thoroughly enjoyed my time within North Hills School District. The wide variety of sports, clubs and activities around the area mean that you'll not be bored for very long. Almost every on you meet is unique and fun in their own way. You can easily find a job around the area if you are in need of money, and the education you get here is fantastic.
I liked the teachers and the administration and I felt that they did really prepare us for the college and they had many options for classes.
My experience has been amazing. I’ve met many of my best friends and I’ve been given many opportunities to help me be successful in the future. I have developed many qualifying skills by interacting with my teachers. The teachers have made my high school experience much easier and more fun. Teachers have pushed me to make the best deisions and efficiently complete my schoolwork on time. I feel very safe and confident when I walk into North Hills schools.
North Hills is a good school, there are many clubs and activities. The teachers are mostly well prepared. Sports are a big part of school life. The food isn’t very good-a healthy menu should be considered/fresh food like fruits and vegetables. And vegetarian options as well. Many students stay in their own groups and aren’t very friendly with others.
The marching band students are the best though. Many of the parents and students seem stuck up/like they’re better than you.
There is a great variety of classes/
courses to take and college ones also. The school is good but not great.
It has been great! They really prepare you for your life after high school, whether it is college, trade, or military. The teachers are great too; I couldn't thank them enough.
I feel that North Hills is a good school academically because of the variety of classed a student is able to take. From World Foods to Graphic Design to Apocalyptic Literature. One thing that I did not like about North Hills is the Athletics. The Athletic Department could step up a bit more and find qualified coaches in their intended sports.
I have no real complaints with the school district. For the most part the staff is understanding and genuinely cares, which is something I feel is rare in modern academia.
The band and orchestra programs are amazing. Teachers, students, everyone is dedicated. Safety is normally not an issue. One problem is diversity. Everyone is white. If you come from a non-white background, prepare to be educated racially solo.
I enjoyed my experience at North Hills. I had a lot of great teachers, the school was very resourceful, and I made a lot of friends. There are so many opportunities with sports and clubs, and our counselors are excellent if you need help planning for college.
North Hills School District is truly a family. Everyone works together, and everyone is there to support one another. Teachers and administration help the students and prepare them for the future to the best of their ability. Academics are rigorous, but taught well and very interesting. There are many community events in which everyone joins together to participate, which makes it really feel like home.
North Hills had mostly great faculty. This school offers students with as many opportunities as they can possibly give.
North Hills was a wonderful place to go to school! High school was fun, there was so much spirit, the student sections at sporting events especially, were always so energetic and fun! You really felt like you belonged. Most of the teachers I had from elementary to high school were awesome as well. Of course there were ones I didn't like, but that didn't get in the way of me earning a great education and still enjoying the atmosphere of the school. North hills offered me a valuable education, great friends, and college readiness. If you're looking to move into the area, I would definitely say do it!
North Hills School District is an excellent place of learning and education. The building and the learning environment itself make for a great experience. The faculty to student ratio allows for you to make a connection with your teaching instructor and not become "just another number" in the school. The school offers many great facilities for students to use including basketball courts, weight rooms, and a swimming pool. The large variety of classes you can take allows for any student of any age to find their interests!
North Hills is my home. It's hard to think that I'll be leaving. Going into high school I had no idea what I was going to do with the rest of my life as, I feel, most high school students don't. As I made my way through my first few years the people I've met, the opportunities this school has provided me, and the teachers that have taught me helped me form that path I needed for when I graduate and they didn't even know. Some of the teachers I've had possibly saved others lives just by what they teach us not math or English but life. I feel like that's something hard to find and I feel very fortunate to have learned lessons and create relationships that will be with me for the rest of my life. High school was a great experience so far and I cant wait to see where the world takes me when I graduate.
Start Your Review of North Hills School District
North hills has nice teachers and staff. The school is however full of politics in north hills it is all about what you're last name is. The cliques here are unlike any other school and I've ben to 6 total schools. I graduated from here this past year in 2018 and hav to say I did not enjoy my time there and I do not recommend it.
If I had to spend another day there I would have dropped out. Perhaps I am being dramatic, but it really wasn't anything extraordinary. I am underprepared for college and the real world.
There are major changes that need to take place in the athletic coaching and school district administration departments which are very poor and lacking. For students who are not in the school clique they can often be left out of critical college information and resources. This falls upon the guidance counselors to improve and make students feel less like a number.