Newington School District Reviews

I have always loved school and I owe it to all my teachers who are encouraging and welcoming. They have always fuel my hunger for learning. I would recommend all schools in Newington to any parent for their children.
Had a great learning experience, love the medical science academy. This school has prepared me for college.
I have had a wonderful and fulfilling experience @ Newington High School.I believe that it has prepared me for the future not only academically but also socially.
Start Your Review of Newington School District
Newington High School was a fun place to attend. Very nice environment, overall good teachers. The history and science department are filled with amazing people. Not a whole lot of diversity.
My experience in Newington has been great! I relocated back to CT from California in 2008 and lived in New Britain for 2 years before moving to Newington. The way that your treated in other towns are not as welcoming as I received in Newington. I have nothing but great experiences in Newington but I can say other words about living in New Britain which is the town that I was born and raised in.
Newington School District has a wonderful program with many fantastic teachers and it prepares students well for college. The only complaint would be the time it takes to get new programs integrated.
My experience at Newington High school was pretty good in my opinion. Everyday I felt safe with the security officers in the school. The teachers are all very professional, approachable and teach very well. My teachers were always available before and after school to help me. All students are given the necessary resources to succeed and excel at Newington High school. The only thing that I think can improve at the school is the food served at lunch.
Newington has always been a town that does not cut away at the schools when times get financially unstable. They always find ways to fund the teachers and programs so the students get the best education possible. Newington is consistently rated one of the best towns in the country for music - instrument lessons start in 5th grade. They offer over a dozen varsity, junior varsity, and freshmen sports in the high school including ice hockey, and are in the process of opening a biomedical and aerospace STEM lab in the high school. They already have these two programs flourishing at the middle schools. The teachers are extremely qualified - all are required to have a masters within a few years of their hiring. Clubs such as Student Government, Marching Band, Spanish, and Drama are just a few things that students can participate in for fun and for their resumes. It's an excellent school system for a small town.
Newington high school is a school that has good academics and opportunities to learn but lacks in diversity, budgeting, and getting students ready for college. The diversity is poor because there are not many minorities though I should note that it has a program with Hartford public schools that allows students from the Hartford school district to attend Newington high school. The budget at the school is spent on things that are not needed like giving every student in the Newington school district a google chrome book. Instead, they school spend their money on better lunches and art classes because they could use some work. Also, there are plenty of computers that students could use in the library and labs. Lastly, the high school does not help students get ready for college effectively. I did not receive any help applying for things like scholarships even though I had asked for help searching.
The Newington School District does its best to embrace the evolving world of education/technology. The faculty and staff help students grow individually, and each student's different needs and strengths are considered.
1:1 24/7 Technology for all students in grades 3-12. Biomedical and Aerospace Academies for middle school students and caring staff at all levels.