Newburgh City School District Reviews

The school allowed the freedom to apply for the desired classes with many teachers educated in their field. The guidance counselors help the student progress through their high school education. What I would like to have changed in the school is the scheduling of lunches for students. Some students do not have enough periods to have a period for eating.
My experience in NECSD is very good, since this is my first time being in this district. The teachers I have are very good/ excellent and very comfortable to talk to with any problems or concerns you may have in the class. The lunch is ok. Also, the shows that the school put on every year are amazing and talented.
Highschool experience was manageable, I was content with most of their teacher staff and their willingness to help me through the courses. Since the school almost always struggles with budgeting the lunch would be a little pricey sometimes if you didn’t approve to have free lunch and some classes were cut especially in the arts department and it was never so consistent unfortunately. But most of the staff tried their best possible, especially my counselour, to get me to where I am now despite the challenges and hardships.
Start Your Review of Newburgh City School District
My experience with the Newburgh City School District has been great because I really like the clubs ad activities that they provide for the kids such as the Criminal Justice program that I am in. When I finish the program I will get a security certificate. I think the School District is fine how it is I don't want to see any changes.
As a senior at Newburgh Free Academy and attending for 4 years I can proudly say that I have learned and gained so much from the staff and teachers. At Newburgh Free Academy they have so much to offer the students. We have many classes, programs, and clubs for students to get ready for their future. From cosmetology to auto mechanics students will get ready for the work field based on their interests. Newburgh Free Academy has helped me for my future.
I have been a student of the Newburgh Enlarged City school district all my life, and it’s been an exciting ride. I always endeavor to succeed academically as I reach towards my ultimate goal, which is attending college following graduation day. The clubs, extracurricular activities, and events I’ve attended and taken part in have made my high school experience all the more joyful and memorable. As a junior, I reflect and realize that there’s always room for improvement. I’d like to see a change for the better in the food quality, parent involvement, and supplies specifically for the music department.
I like that the Newburgh school district has an Allied Health program. This program has opened up the possibilities to what I want to do in the future. I feel more prepared thanks to Mrs. Romano who has helped me become a better student.
I like the options of classes and sports you can choose from, but there is not very much motivation in keeping the kids in school.
What I like about the Newburgh City School district is its very diverse and I feel as though the schools within the district offer a variety off different opportunities for students to study what there passionate about. For example: the high school has a great music/dance department which has been very beneficial to students who want to pursue a career in music. The highschool's north campus has an extensive nursing department which leaves students with a solid background in the nursing field.
A very very good school district , unfortunately is very underfunded . Bright students come fluently from this school district
One of newburghs perks is its diversity, it isnt white washed like many of the surrounding towns. One of the downfalls is that the district cannot collect alot of tax money, so many programs in the school are underfunded or not funded at all.
I loved how nice some of the teachers were, but I would like to see he staff more involved with the students. I feel that students need more engaged teachers.
A very diverse school with a lot of after school activities being offered for students to pursue. There have been recent changes of more resources being offered to students who need extra help in subjects. As a result, graduation rates have started to increase and hopefully will continue to do so.
My overall experience in the Newburgh City School Distract was more good than bad. The teaching and administration was excellent. I only wish they prepared me better for college.
My cousin who is special needs goes to Newburgh schools. My aunt and grandma have had a rough time trying to find compatibility for her.The district really doesn't seem to be able to hire the right special needs teachers.The constant jumping around from school to school is not right for her.I pray she gets her needs corrected as she is a bright girl.
My experience in NFA north had been a great experience. I had made it to be a senior and ready for graduation. Thanks to the teachers, they had lead to me to be successful when I graduate from that school. I learned a lot throughout my 4 years of High School. I learned to know what I really am and start my career in the military. When I graduate I would look back to what I accomplished within my 4 years and use that accomplishment in the future because whatever opportunities I encounter, I will succeed in life. Thank you.