Newburgh City School District Reviews

People often discredit Newburgh but it is a good school if you really apply yourself and push for the best. This teaches the student a good work ethic in order to prevail. Most teachers are very accepting and will become invested in a student's academic life. They always want to see the best for their students and never fail to show it.
Got the opportunity to obtain a security certificate before graduation and was guided into a career path that was best for me despite the difficulty of choosing one
The approach to education is decent but funding is lacking everywhere except the athletic department. Also unless you complain about an issue like bullying multiple times they won’t even look into it and even when they do they will usually come up with some excuse for the other kid like ”Oh they’re a good student who’s never acted out before are you sure it’s them who’s harassing you on a daily basis and not someone else”
Start Your Review of Newburgh City School District
I recently graduated Newburgh Free academy North Campus, and I can say that I had good and bad times in there. I was able to meet wonderfuul people and wonderful coaches the only problem that I ever had with is through out my elementary school and middle school my school has always been underfunded. We can barely afford to go on trips and get supplies for my community.
NECSD is the most diverse school system I have ever seen. The district is working hard to improve conditions throughout all of the schools. The administration in the high school made students feel rather elementary, but with the help of strong-willed students, that will soon change. I would like to see better food in the schools. Healthier food. Serving sugar-filled cereal bars to students for breakfast at 7 am is not healthy. I really want that to change.
I appreciated the support from teachers and staff to never give up. Although diversity was a huge thing, sports only brought us closer together. If there was one thing I could see changed, it would be the schools safety. The last year I was there (2008) the school started using metal detectors.
The Newburgh city school district has encouraging faculty and staff and ambitious students, for the most part. For change I would like to see opportunity for voice from students.
The school allowed the freedom to apply for the desired classes with many teachers educated in their field. The guidance counselors help the student progress through their high school education. What I would like to have changed in the school is the scheduling of lunches for students. Some students do not have enough periods to have a period for eating.
My experience in NECSD is very good, since this is my first time being in this district. The teachers I have are very good/ excellent and very comfortable to talk to with any problems or concerns you may have in the class. The lunch is ok. Also, the shows that the school put on every year are amazing and talented.
Highschool experience was manageable, I was content with most of their teacher staff and their willingness to help me through the courses. Since the school almost always struggles with budgeting the lunch would be a little pricey sometimes if you didn’t approve to have free lunch and some classes were cut especially in the arts department and it was never so consistent unfortunately. But most of the staff tried their best possible, especially my counselour, to get me to where I am now despite the challenges and hardships.
My experience with the Newburgh City School District has been great because I really like the clubs ad activities that they provide for the kids such as the Criminal Justice program that I am in. When I finish the program I will get a security certificate. I think the School District is fine how it is I don't want to see any changes.
As a senior at Newburgh Free Academy and attending for 4 years I can proudly say that I have learned and gained so much from the staff and teachers. At Newburgh Free Academy they have so much to offer the students. We have many classes, programs, and clubs for students to get ready for their future. From cosmetology to auto mechanics students will get ready for the work field based on their interests. Newburgh Free Academy has helped me for my future.
I have been a student of the Newburgh Enlarged City school district all my life, and it’s been an exciting ride. I always endeavor to succeed academically as I reach towards my ultimate goal, which is attending college following graduation day. The clubs, extracurricular activities, and events I’ve attended and taken part in have made my high school experience all the more joyful and memorable. As a junior, I reflect and realize that there’s always room for improvement. I’d like to see a change for the better in the food quality, parent involvement, and supplies specifically for the music department.
I like that the Newburgh school district has an Allied Health program. This program has opened up the possibilities to what I want to do in the future. I feel more prepared thanks to Mrs. Romano who has helped me become a better student.
I like the options of classes and sports you can choose from, but there is not very much motivation in keeping the kids in school.
What I like about the Newburgh City School district is its very diverse and I feel as though the schools within the district offer a variety off different opportunities for students to study what there passionate about. For example: the high school has a great music/dance department which has been very beneficial to students who want to pursue a career in music. The highschool's north campus has an extensive nursing department which leaves students with a solid background in the nursing field.
A very very good school district , unfortunately is very underfunded . Bright students come fluently from this school district
Start Your Review of Newburgh City School District
One of newburghs perks is its diversity, it isnt white washed like many of the surrounding towns. One of the downfalls is that the district cannot collect alot of tax money, so many programs in the school are underfunded or not funded at all.
I loved how nice some of the teachers were, but I would like to see he staff more involved with the students. I feel that students need more engaged teachers.
A very diverse school with a lot of after school activities being offered for students to pursue. There have been recent changes of more resources being offered to students who need extra help in subjects. As a result, graduation rates have started to increase and hopefully will continue to do so.