New York Mills Union Free School District Reviews

New York Mills Jr./Sr. High School has been my home for almost 13 years. It is a small school which provides for students in grades K-12. I have had the honor of attending a school where all of the faculty and staff are friendly and considerate. Every teacher is qualified and truly cares for his or her students. They accommodate for their students and are optimistic leaders. New York Mills offers a variety of extracurricular activities and academic options, which is impressive for its size. The environment is welcoming and each person feels at home. Of course, there are a few negative aspects to a small school such as the lack of diversity and a low number of athlete participants; however, each student encourages his or her peers to strive for success.
I always feel a part of the school, but we have gotten a new administration 3 years ago and since then, it has been very different.
I have loved being a part of the New York Mills Union Free School District. It is a very small school and that allows for everyone to know everyone, which is good for me. I value close relationships highly and by being part of this small school, its easy to form close bonds with classmates, teachers, and coaches. My teachers and coaches have always been extremely supportive of the students in New York Mills and that allows for a community that is very close knit.
Start Your Review of New York Mills Union Free School District
There is a small school feel in a suburban area. Teachers for the most are well liked by students. Major turn around in administration in the last two years so that is hard to rate.
it’s decent school staff are ok. some staff don’t really care and are lazy and just are there to get paid and won’t help you at all. pretty much your on your own, but some staff are there to help.
I would like the board of education to stop pushing their good faculty away. There are constant changes the school, and nobody is willing to try - they only replace and change. It is unfair to the students and the faculty. Similarly, the cafeteria took too long to build and displaced too many teachers and students.
Teachers are great. They don't offer many options for elective classes. I would like to see options that are geared toward being ready for life after school. Example would be business math, teaching how to balance a check and so on.