New Brunswick School District Reviews

New Brunswick has some good and ok teacher that are willing to see their students succeed but guidance and administration need to step it up totally lacking the skill they need to help students.
There needs to be a more diverse community and cleaner schools. I also believe that there should be more teacher being monitored as they are usually mean and bullies to their students. There needs to be healthier and more various lunch food.
I like how some teachers challenge their students and persuades them to not be lazy.
Well my overall experience growing up in this district was not so bad. As far as I knew, there were no incidents of bullying among students but there may instances where students had problems with one another that were not really addressed. Most teachers actually cared about the well being of the students and did a better job at identifying problems troubling a certain student than guidance counselors.
Start Your Review of New Brunswick School District
The teachers are passionate. And I like their energy. And you learned very well in a propice environnement. The diversity help understand different culture around the world.
I would like to see the education change in terms of getting teens ready for college and see the education get harder
New Brunswick High school gives its students many opportunities to succeed they offer free after school tutoring, free help applying to college, you take your S.A.T for free and there are so many different after school programs for you to choose from whether it be a sport, art classes, cheer leading or even drama club there's even a student volunteer club. I myself went to New Brunswick High School and I loved it. Some very caring teachers will go beyond their job descriptions to help you out with school work or in your personal life. While I didn't go to New Brunswick Middle school I did attend McKinley Community School for 9 years kindergarten to 8th grade and I've never had a bad experience with my grades they as well have many after school programs and offer many free things where in other districts you would need to pay for out of pocket. But most important of all is the Diversity in New Brunswick!
For many lack of resources is an obstacle but for others its a way to better your school. My school has many flaws but I learned in life that you should always fight for what you want. As a result, in the past year many students have been voicing their problems and needs within our school. Administration and the Board of Education has been paying close attention to the feelings expressed and things have been changing a lot within our school and getting better.
As a part of the New Brunswick community, I enjoy the diverse and cultured background. I also like how my state university, Rutgers is one of the nation's best schools. I receive a lot of mentorship and guidance from the organizations I have involved myself in New Brunswick. I hope to be the change for the face of my city and to inspire other students like myself to achieve their academia goals.
New Brunswick was really bad food. The education is not that great. Schools need to get remodeled, they are really old and need air conditioning. I would like to see more college preparations for students.
Teachers are engaged, and some active students are willing to learn. Although some alarming situations can occur during the school hours, security tries there best to tackle the problem at hand. Overall, not a bad district if you associate yourself with the right people.
I've been in this district for the past eight years and honestly each year it gets worse. I personally don't think the students in NBPS are going to go far in life due to the lack of role models, attention, college readiness and most importantly the lack of parent involvement.
My experience attending a Public School in the city of New Brunswick was average. I got a decent education from elementary to middle school and during High School, I got a very well educated. The High School I attended was very good. New Brunswick Health Sciences and Technology High School, prepared me for college. My favorite part of being part of the Public School system in New Brunswick would be, the help that teachers give students, and dedication to help students achieve.
personally i had great experiences in the new brunswick public schools systems they have great opportunity to offer to everyone.
The school has enough resources to use to research when doing school assignments or projects. They also provide enough tutoring for those who need it , especially for those who take sports and don't have time to look for help.
My experience at New Brunswick Public Schools has been great. It is a district that gives everyone an equal opportunity to receive education. The board attends to issues​ efficiently. Personally I would substitute some of the classes in the High school to classes that will help students more in everyday life. Overall, my experience at NBPS receives an approval. I am proud to be a Zebra.
My experience so far has been great! But the administrators and teachers at New Brunswick High School needs to be addressed. Also the food is not so great.
I myself am a student in the New Brunswick public schools and find that we are a bit behind compared to the surrounding school districts. There is a lot of diversity due to the neighboring Rutgers University but not so much in the public schools.
Start Your Review of New Brunswick School District
What I like about New Brunswick Public Schools is that it prepares one for college in numerous areas such as establishing study habits, writing formal essays, and practicing public speaking skills. The teachers are very helpful and approachable. One aspect I would like to change is for the district to have the ability to obtain more resources.
I have been raised in New Brunswick for most of my life. One of the benefits of New Brunswick is the vast amount of opportunities it offers. Johnson & Johnson, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Rutgers University and many other placed are located in this area. This offers students a variety of chances to network with many individuals. There is something for everyone here and that is what makes this city great. Although it is a city full of diversity and minorities, the district tries to prepare us as much as they possibly can by trying to make us more competitive and well rounded students. Although we are not on the highest caliber, there are new resources that are constantly introduced to further enhance our education.
I am currently attending New Brunswick Health Sciences Technology High School. I have not been completely aware of the district's authority until high school. My school is a branch of New Brunswick High School that focuses on the healthcare field. It has shaped me into a structured and determined student. My school has provided me with several resources regarding college applications, clubs, summer programs, and volunteering opportunities. I have been in this district my whole life. The teachers I have had were caring, honest, and resourceful. The only concern I have with the district is the frequent changes in standardized testing. It was and still is hard to keep up with.