Nekoosa School District Reviews

Better facilities for sports as the track has been damaged over the years. The teachers are amazing, and genuinely care about their students. Allows for classes that give college credits.
I attend WISE Academy through the Nekoosa School District. WISE Academy is a "public school at home" charter school. By attending WISE, I was able to tour the country in a travel trailer for a few months each year. I learned history, geography, science, and literature by going to battlefields, touring Smithsonians, swimming with manatees, attending Shakespear plays, and touring many presidential homes. My physical education was often hiking, kayaking, or spelunking in National Parks. I had the flexibility to do this all while maintaining rigorous academics due to the open structure of WISE. I will finish high school with a 4.0 GPA and a 33 ACT score. I was accepted early into my first choice college and look forward to beginning there in August.
My journey at Nekoosa High School has been a great learning and growing time for me as an individual. I have been involved with many clubs, classes, and activities that have changed me for the better. I would do nothing to change it.
Start Your Review of Nekoosa School District
Nekoosa High School is a small, fun, and enriched school. I wouldn’t have changed my school choice for the life of me. Nekoosa fills students with knowledge and experiences that last a lifetime.
Graduating class of 2020 seems to be the last decent class out there. Behavioral problems are major in the younger classes. It seems as though staff is afraid of parents being mad. Elementary school students that get in trouble are sent to the office, only to color and receive a bracelet for causing trouble.
Nekoosa high school is an amazing school in a close knit, safe community. I loved it! I felt very comfortable during my time at Nekoosa. I learned a lot and became very prepared for college.
The best thing about Nekoosa School district is the involvement of the staff. I got to know every single one of my teachers on a personal level. Since it is such a small district I was able to develop relationships with my teachers which was very helpful during my high school years. The community is also very involved in the sports, homecoming, and other school activities. It's an amazing feeling how involved and close everyone is. I only wish there was a larger class selection, that would help me better prepare for college.