Needham Public Schools Reviews

Overall Needham high-school has been a great experience. I have a great environment when I can challenge myself to do better that I have before and many opportunities to take higher course loads and participate in clubs. My negative experience though in school are the learning centers. I have dyslexia and for most years of school I was grouped with all disability groups and treated as if I where incompetent even though I have learning disability, not social. Fought hard and switched to a different academic skills center that finally gave me help and I am better off now. I also wish teachers would quit underestimating my potent in school, because every-time I moved up a course level I was vary successful And this fact contradicts my critics beliefs. Otherwise the teachers can also be great supports; they are great with staying after school and being there to help out.
Needham high school is a Really good school! amazing academics and sports/clubs, I feel like I got a really good education. also a really strong school community. I also had good experiences at Mitchell elementary school, high rock middle school, and pollard middle school.
The teachers have encouraged and challenged me. They have my back. I know I can ask or advocate for myself and they respond, they actually listen. I couldn’t be more happy with my Highschool education. You hear horror stories, but Needham has given me a stable educational foundation. I am humbled and very grateful.
Start Your Review of Needham Public Schools
The truth about Needham. This School District sweeps everything under the rug. "There are no problems here". Okay, continue to drink the kool-aid folks. You will get no where with the administration, staff, or teachers as they all are on auto pilot creating and protecting their image and waiting for retirement. As one of the highest paid group of educators in the State, therefore the country, no one goes the extra mile, everyone is cookie cut, and one size fits all. Have you heard of Wonder Bread? That's this School District....no substance, no taste, no excitement, no diversity. They require/demand your kids be robotic. Its a crime if they think outside the box, or have their own will, likes, or desires. Oh boy if you're kid is creative. There's no place for them here. If you move to Needham consider private schooling. If not, just be prepared to keep your eyes, ears, and mouths shut.
The school environment of all three levels of school at Needham were great. The teachers and administration does a great job of laying a foundation of support in the Elementary levels. At middle school, there is an emphasis of integration, friendship, and being unique by the teachers which trickles down to the students. In high school, there are endless resources and clubs that a student can feel connected to.
They have a fantastic system to teach students. The teachers are well educated, respectful, and understanding. The food is well prepared throughout each school. The average SAT scores are extremely high with plenty of students heading to selective and competitive universities.
Really good. I think we deserve no. 1 in education, the teachers are the best, kids are friendly and inclusive, and although we don't have much diversity, I like to think that we are accepting and amiable but we do have a rivalry with Wellsley sooo... everyone hates Wellsley (boos and hisses when mentioned lol)
Over this school has everything for a student to thrive in academic and sports fields. Yet I went through this school as a minority and with that being said the administration welcomed me arms wide open but my peers not so much. ( not to be completely heinous)
The Needham Public Schools system is a really good system; however? With the high cost of living in the state or Massachusetts and in Needham there is no diversity in the school system. You will be challenged in the system; however, the lack of diversity creates an even greater challenge. My social life in this district was horrible! Kids can be mean! My academic life was challenging and also rewarding at times.
Very big on advocating for cultural proficiency. School needs to offer more support for students during the college process ie helping find scholarships, helping with application etc.
Most of the staff at the NHS is very considerate and understanding towards students. The school community could handle some situations better; prepare their staff and faculty for situations more effectively.
A very impressive school system with varied and effective learning opportunities and community engagement initiatives.
Needham High School has great teachers, who are very personable and really foster great relationships with the students. The teachers are nurturing and help students to succeed. The course options are good too. However, I do believe there should be fewer required courses and for options for electives. This would allow students the opportunity to try courses in subjects they have never tried before and which they don't have any knowledge of or experience...such as Robotics, engineering or computer programming.
I had a great experience with Needham High School. All the teachers care about each student and want to see you succeed. I feel very prepared for the years to come.
The Needham Public Educational System has benefitted me greatly in my academic endeavors. It has successfully prepared me for the future.
The academics are great, and they prepare you for college. Though I'd like to see more school spirit with the administration.
Needham Public Schools strives to create a safe environment for all its students. They offer numerous opportunities through the arts, athletics and clubs. Overall, the school is very clean and new and the teachers are enthusiastic about their respective classes.
Start Your Review of Needham Public Schools
Needham Public Schools offers a fantastic public education. Throughout my time in the school system I was fortunate enough to be taught by m any qualified teachers who were passionate about teaching and their jobs.
The school was a very good academic and athletic school. I feel like everyone at the school really cared about their future and there were so many resources that the students could use in order to better their education. The only problem I had was that they didn't offer as many AP courses that I would have liked and there is a distinct lack of diversity at the school. They are, however, trying to make the school a more diverse place but they could be doing a lot more than they are trying to make the students believe they are doing.