Nassau County School District Reviews

Good teachers but the school is old and needs work. Athletic programs are weak but there are many diverse clubs offered.
Teachers are excellent, there is a great variety of classes and tracts for students, very comprehensive in the programs offered for all different levels of students. Would like to see a change in standardized testing.
The buildings need updated and extracurricular activities need more funding/ support. Academics are competitive and high rigor classes are common but better screening for these classes and more prepared teachers are necessary.
Start Your Review of Nassau County School District
I was a student at Yulee High school for about two year’s and the education I received was amazing. When students are in the high leveled classes they end up being very prepared to have a great future in college.
I attended Fernandina Beacg High School. My experience with administration was good overall, and my teachers were very good. The campus, however, was worn down in some places.
Definitely recommend! Teachers are very kind and know what they are doing! Help stay on top of school work, and after school activity and involvement is wonderful!!
I would like to see diversified teaching techniques and smaller classes so that teachers are able to help students be able be prepared for life in college or the work force as well as the addition a basic life skills class so we can be better prepared for the rest of our lives one thing the school does well is that they try and mostly succeed in making students feel included and wanted no matter who they are and what they believe
It was okay I suppose. I got bullied a lot. I think the anti bully policy has to be updated. Other than that the staff and teachers are very nice.
The community is tight knit and you can see the ways the community gets involved into schools from football games to academics. The staff is caring and compassionate. Could use some more personal and frequent relations between guidance counselors and upper level students.
My experience was pretty great, I was not exposed to anything different so I would not be able to make a valid comparison.
I had a great experience! I loved the teachers and the variety of classes the school offers. The student body is full of school spirit. Fernandina Beach High School is a great place for any student, because clubs like Friendly Fernandina are sure make all students fell welcomed. Speaking of clubs, there is also a large selection of extracurriculars.
I attend West Nassau High School and I have had so many bad experiences over the years. It is a good school if you want to earn dual enrollment credits but don't expect the process of doing so to be easy. The administration at the school is terrible; you have to repeatedly ask for tings to be done. I am often not told due dates until the last possible minute and then have to scramble to get things together. The teachers at West Nassau are average with the exception of a few fantastic ones.
The Nassau County School District provides students with the best teachers in a safe, caring environment. No matter which school you attend, the all offer the same care for every type of student. The teachers work very hard to make sure each student is properly equipped to join the real world. The schools are located in safe areas with school resource officers present to make sure things run smoothly.
The teaches are nice and work with you when you need help. Nassau county is a good place to send your kids for schooling. The environment is very nice and its a nice community to be in.
I enjoyed going to school in the Nassau county district but I would change the facilities themselves they are putting portables in the back of the school because there are so many kids attending them. The portables are cold, damp, some are crammed into a space with another small one right beside it.
My name is Lilah Rozar and I am currently a senior at West Nassau High School and I've been going here since 10th grade. My overall experience over the past two years that I've been attending West Nassau has been really well! I've been so pleased with the teachers that I have had the pleasures to take courses with and meet up with to talk to.
i like that it is a very caring and attentive school district. They take matters into their own hands and really try to decide whats best for everyone, not just the school board or officials.
Start Your Review of Nassau County School District
They are to strict with their rules. I don't like the fact that if a stufent is late to class they have to have lunch detention.
Nassau County has a great school system, hands down amazing. They really seem to care about each and every student. I go to Yulee High and I could not feel more safe, welcomed, or cared about. There really isn't anything I would necessarily change about it, it's perfect.
I liked the relationships my teachers formed with the students here. Although the opportunities and information about college readiness were minimal in my opinion, going to high school here created many bonds with students and teachers through education.