Mount Sinai School District Reviews

At Mount Sinai, the education one could gain is above average. With capable teachers and staff, it's a place where one could learn without little to no limitations. While the education itself is top-notch, one's personal experiences could vary. The diversity among the students and staff is poor, and if one is different to others, it could turn out to be an unpleasant experience.
Mount Sinai School District had great academics and extra curricular programs. They could stand to improve the social-emotional learning and supports.
I had a decent experience at Mount Sinai. The district lacks diversity, and pours a lot of regard into sports. Only recently has there been attention on the Theatre and Arts programs. Not a huge variety of classes to take in terms of anything separate of gen eds. Lots of AP courses, though. But I will say in terms of education, we have some of the greatest educators in the state. They do a great job of preparing students for standardized tests and college!
Start Your Review of Mount Sinai School District
I liked Mount Sinai because they helped me transform into the person I am going to become. They helped me learn and grow by having a very good staff of teachers and mentors who really care.
Mount Sinai is a small school district with big school spirit! From parents, students, administrators, teachers, and staff we all have each others back. We really are a close knit family with a focus on education. We have one elementary school, one middle school and one high school all next to each other. Can't get any closer than that!
Great school district, top notch academics and sports programs. I’d like to see taxes a little less.
Good school with great teachers who take the time to listen to the students and help them grow. I recently graduated from Mount Sinai High School in June 2019. I started the year 15th in my class and finished 10th overall with the help and guidance from the teachers.
Since Mount Sinai is such a small community, it only makes sense that the local school district is on the smaller side as well. This size, therefore, allows teachers to interact with their students on a personal level and offer them the best education possible in that circumstance. Overall, the facilities are well maintained and the faculty and staff are unparalleled.
Mount Sinai High School has afforded me many opportunities athletically and academically. There is a lot of support to succeed.
i do not like this school and i want to leave and graduate and go to college. most teachers are ok but some are awful
Mount Sinai is a good school but it is very sports focused so if you aren't apart of a sports team then the school doesn't pay much attention to you.
Mount Sinai is a great, but flawed school. I would definitely say the best aspect of the school is the staff. (Almost) everyone is friendly and helpful. For the most part, the staff is easygoing, yet also dedicated to giving you the best education possible. I never felt like I had a teacher that didn’t care about me, despite the large (~30 kids) class sizes.

I’d say there definitely is a class/race divide among the students. While there is no outright animosity, generally the pretty, white, rich and athletic kids hang out and party together and the rest of the kids form their own cliques. I’d say this leads to the non-community feel of Mt. Sinai. After 12 years here, I still haven’t had a conversation with probaly half my grade, due to not much social interaction outside of cliques.
Mt. Sinai is a great school. It is small so you know everyone, you are able to get one on one action with your teachers and have a great relationship with them. I wouldn't change anything, I love everything the way it is. There are so many opportunities available for me in the future from going here.
It is what you make it— hit or miss. Some classes/teachers are excellent and assist you in every way in order to allow success, while others do not do anything to prepare you..
I had a really nice time there and made some great friends, but because of how small it is, it's very cliquey. I loved a lot of my teachers and thoroughly enjoyed playing on sports teams.
I loved how close eveyrone was and how understanding a lot of people were. However, some teachers were not always as great as others but let’s not focus on that. Mount Sinai provided me with a great education to continue my life. I learned a lot and I will carry my skills with me for the rest of my life. I am so lucky that i got to go to this school and I am proud to say that I went to Mount Sinai High School
Great teachers that are always willing to help you with your learning experience. They go out of their way to get to know their students on a personal level, which allows them to create a unique teacher to student connection. Through these connections, students feel at ease, and the learning process becomes easier. The extra curricular activities offered at Mt. Sinai Schools are diverse and exciting. There is a club or group for every student. These clubs are connected to the community through various activities, such as fund raisers. This gives the students a feeling that they are contributing to their own community.
Start Your Review of Mount Sinai School District
Unlike a lot of other schools, most of the teachers in this high school really cared about their students. They helped us with the usual math, science, history, etc., but they also taught us about life and shed a light on what the real world looks like. They supported us not only as students, but as people.
Some of the teachers are fantastic, others should no longer have a job there but the over all academic experience was definitely one I wont forget. There is a high focus placed on sports. There are many extracurriculars and the food is delicious.
Mount Sinai High School is filled with memorable staff who are willing to help at all times and always help you strive to do your best. Our school motto is "If it doesn't challenge you, It doesn't change you." This motto is in every single class room to remind all students and staff to always strive for more. They always teach us getting out of your comfort zone is how you grow in knowledge and as a person. Administration is out in the main hall between every period interacting with students and helping strengthen our school community. Overall, my experience has been really great and I am glad I went to high school here.