Mount Sinai School District Reviews

Good school with great teachers who take the time to listen to the students and help them grow. I recently graduated from Mount Sinai High School in June 2019. I started the year 15th in my class and finished 10th overall with the help and guidance from the teachers.
Since Mount Sinai is such a small community, it only makes sense that the local school district is on the smaller side as well. This size, therefore, allows teachers to interact with their students on a personal level and offer them the best education possible in that circumstance. Overall, the facilities are well maintained and the faculty and staff are unparalleled.
Mount Sinai High School has afforded me many opportunities athletically and academically. There is a lot of support to succeed.
Start Your Review of Mount Sinai School District
i do not like this school and i want to leave and graduate and go to college. most teachers are ok but some are awful
Mount Sinai is a good school but it is very sports focused so if you aren't apart of a sports team then the school doesn't pay much attention to you.
Mount Sinai is a great, but flawed school. I would definitely say the best aspect of the school is the staff. (Almost) everyone is friendly and helpful. For the most part, the staff is easygoing, yet also dedicated to giving you the best education possible. I never felt like I had a teacher that didn’t care about me, despite the large (~30 kids) class sizes.

I’d say there definitely is a class/race divide among the students. While there is no outright animosity, generally the pretty, white, rich and athletic kids hang out and party together and the rest of the kids form their own cliques. I’d say this leads to the non-community feel of Mt. Sinai. After 12 years here, I still haven’t had a conversation with probaly half my grade, due to not much social interaction outside of cliques.
Mt. Sinai is a great school. It is small so you know everyone, you are able to get one on one action with your teachers and have a great relationship with them. I wouldn't change anything, I love everything the way it is. There are so many opportunities available for me in the future from going here.
It is what you make it— hit or miss. Some classes/teachers are excellent and assist you in every way in order to allow success, while others do not do anything to prepare you..
I had a really nice time there and made some great friends, but because of how small it is, it's very cliquey. I loved a lot of my teachers and thoroughly enjoyed playing on sports teams.
I loved how close eveyrone was and how understanding a lot of people were. However, some teachers were not always as great as others but let’s not focus on that. Mount Sinai provided me with a great education to continue my life. I learned a lot and I will carry my skills with me for the rest of my life. I am so lucky that i got to go to this school and I am proud to say that I went to Mount Sinai High School
Great teachers that are always willing to help you with your learning experience. They go out of their way to get to know their students on a personal level, which allows them to create a unique teacher to student connection. Through these connections, students feel at ease, and the learning process becomes easier. The extra curricular activities offered at Mt. Sinai Schools are diverse and exciting. There is a club or group for every student. These clubs are connected to the community through various activities, such as fund raisers. This gives the students a feeling that they are contributing to their own community.
Unlike a lot of other schools, most of the teachers in this high school really cared about their students. They helped us with the usual math, science, history, etc., but they also taught us about life and shed a light on what the real world looks like. They supported us not only as students, but as people.
Some of the teachers are fantastic, others should no longer have a job there but the over all academic experience was definitely one I wont forget. There is a high focus placed on sports. There are many extracurriculars and the food is delicious.
Mount Sinai High School is filled with memorable staff who are willing to help at all times and always help you strive to do your best. Our school motto is "If it doesn't challenge you, It doesn't change you." This motto is in every single class room to remind all students and staff to always strive for more. They always teach us getting out of your comfort zone is how you grow in knowledge and as a person. Administration is out in the main hall between every period interacting with students and helping strengthen our school community. Overall, my experience has been really great and I am glad I went to high school here.
Moving to Mt. Sinai School District was one of the best decisions my parents ever could've made for me. Not a day went by where I didn't feel unsafe, under appreciated or unnoticed. Everyone interacted with everyone. I used to be on the lacrosse team at school and I vividly remember walking in on mornings of game days to all the principals lined outside greeting the students, stopping myself and other teammates to talk strategy and tell us how psyched they were for the game. Everyone was Mustang strong.
Small class size, effective teachers, great selection of advanced classes. There are many extracurricular activities for students to participate in. From the various arts and music programs to the numerous sports teams, there is something for everyone to enjoy. It is a great place for kids of all kinds to attend school and is very safe and fun.
I love the honors programs and the constant challenges that are brought to the students. Extremely helpful teachers at Mt. Sinai! Extremely competitive! Students here know that if it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you!
Start Your Review of Mount Sinai School District
It is very sport oriented. The principals only know who you are if you are involved in sports. It is a small school so they should at least acknowledge that there are other people besides athletes. They only put you in honors classes if they like you, not if your grades say you should.
I have attended Mount Sinai Schools from kindergarten through 12th grade. Overall, I have had a very positive experience. Most of my teachers were very knowledgeable and helpful. I wish that Mount Sinai offered some more classes -the only foreign languages offered are Spanish and French when there is a demand for Italian and German as well.
My school district is small but we are very close knit. Teachers know your name and are very aware of what is going on. Its a very safe area where all the schools are on the same campus . There is lots do with sports and clubs. I am very happy with my experience.