Monticello Community Unit School District No. 25 Reviews

The best part about Monticello is certainly the faculty. Despite the obviously old schools in the district, the environment is excellent. At Monticello, best truly is the standard, and the faculty and community as a whole function as an amazing support system for all of the students in the district.
The school is very old and has a lot of issues with pipes. The faculty is very supportive and willing to help. The sports teams are mostly successful and the athletes are usually very academically successful. There are great clubs and organization however most of the funding, I would say, goes to sports.
I enjoyed my time overall at Monticello High School. I think that they challenged me academically. I do believe that Monticello places to much of an empathize on sports. There were several occasions when Monticello High School made it very clear that their priority was sports over anything else. Monticello has a fantastic marching band. We also excel at academics and having a variety of class options. We have class such as home economic classes, metal and wood shop classes, foreign languages, and music class.
Start Your Review of Monticello Community Unit School District No. 25
A small community where everyone supports each other. When a tragedy happened, everyone was ready to be involved. The teachers got to know their students personally. Focused too much on certain sports.
I graduated this past year and had a great experience there. I had a lot of great friends there and we are all moving on to bigger and better things because of this school. The teachers there really cared about us and how we did.
My family and I actually moved to Monticello a couple years ago. The kids and teachers are really nice and it is a very safe environment. I was surprised how academically involved the school is. I am going to be a sophomore and all the students in my class are really motivated and strive for good grades. Not only is the motivation and academics really good here, but the sports are as well. The boys basketball and football team both made it to state this past year as well as the wrestling team and girls cross country. The Monticello Middle School is a newer building and has great staff and teachers. Although the High School may not be as nice, it still has the same great quality of staff members and teachers. They are always wanting to have a relationship with their students and care about their well-being. They are always there to help a student when they need it. The High School also has a variety of clubs and programs that you can be involved in.