Monroe-Gregg School District Reviews

I graduated from MHS in 1975 and loved the experience. I participated in every activity that I could. Due to the schools size we were encouraged to participate in all extra curricular activities, I received varsity letters in Band, Football, Wrestling and Baseball and would not give up one of them. Academics were very good, preparing me for college. MHS still holds a special place in my heart, so much so that I moved my family back to the district so my children could graduate from Monrovia which all four did.
I love the environment and the connection with the teachers and students. The administration is absolutely amazing.
It’s a pretty good school over-all, on the smaller side so it’s easier to get 1 on 1 help. There is always someone willing to help out if you need or don’t understand something and I think the preparation for college is good. Its underfunded in certain areas, so sometimes teachers come and go and there’s a limited class selection because there aren’t enough teachers. The good thing about that is that you know the teachers who have been there for a while really love what they do and care about the students.
Start Your Review of Monroe-Gregg School District
I graduated in 2017. Monrovia High School always had my back in any hardship I was facing, both teachers and administration. I saw individuals go beyond their roles as educators and become community leaders. I was involved in several sports and extracurricular activities, and while the options were limited compared to larger schools I felt that there was always a place that I could fit in to. My only complaint would be that there is a lack of diversity in thought and demographics. Being centered in a small farm based community the culture carries into the school as well.
I had several teachers who I knew cared about me and how I did in school. However, I am a minority and often felt it. It's a rural school with lots of close minded people
I am a graduating senior and have participated in both fine arts and sports. My overall experience with Monrovia High School has been good. I have enjoyed most of my classes, teacher, classmates and activities.
Monrovia is a great environment, with amazing teachers. There’s nothing I would really change! Everyone is super supportive. Teachers and staff would drop anything and everything to help you succeed and get what you need.
Teachers are all really friendly! Prenstenbles help you through your school year.At Monrovia Middle School We grow Green.We have been doing better on Istep.
All through my school years, I felt as though I got everything I needed to prepare me for my future. However, I do wish once I got to be a senior I was given more opportunities with scholarships and had more foreign languages to take. American Sign Lang. would have been a great one to have taken in high school.