Monroe County School District Reviews

The school district is very safe, it is a small town and everyone is friendly in the community. The staff is very caring and understanding.
Sugarloaf School was a great school. I enjoyed by 9 years from Kindergarten to 8th grade. Had great teachers and a good environment.
I attend Smithville. It is one of the smaller schools in Monroe County. I like that is family and student oriented. I feel we get more individual attention. We have a greater opportunity to play sports, band etc. The teachers are willing to help struggling students. Everyone knows each other most of the teachers went to school with our parents. I feel I had a great education and prepared me for college.
Start Your Review of Monroe County School District
It was okay not the best the school in the world. It could of been better . The teachers were not helpful in the subjects.
I liked the sense of community that the Monroe County School District gives. Graduating high school from Key West High, was definitely a cool experience. I loved that they gave out so many scholarships right before graduation. It really shows that they wanted their kids to succeed in the future, and they wanted to give back. Teacher wise, it is very weak. At some points they were so understaffed that they were having history teachers try to teach math, and math teachers teaching science. This made it difficult on the students who had to self teach themselves many times, I know I had to and it was frustrating. The administration is down there with the teachers--at times I felt that I was being helped very often and to the extent that I needed but other times I felt that no one cared to help me and would sometimes be ignored.
I've lived in Key West, Florida for 11 years and attended 3 different schools in Monroe county from elementary to high school school. I graduated class of 2017 at Key West High School , and has much as I hate to say it, I am an Alumni of Key West High School and a proud Conch. There are things that could've been done differently to help us kids succeed, but that weren't done. None the less we still graduated, some of us top of our class.
I have just reviewed a teacher on Facebook blatantly call a little African American child a Nigg**. I feel that is not only a insult to the Black race but to all races as this country is divided enough. To think that we have this type of teacherror in a leadership position is very scary and also appalling. She could possibly be failing African Americans because she doesn't like them clearly or mistreating them. Our voice counts as well. I will be sending her comment over to your local news station. Maybe you can explain to them why she's still employed. BTW her name on Facebook I Georgia Packett. It's sad I hope she's not a special needs teacher the way she insulted this child.