Minneapolis Public School District Reviews

What I like the most about Minneapolis Public School district, is its diversity. I also think that they have amazing staff support for students attending these schools.
Minneapolis School District is very diverse and full of many different types of people. There are many programs that help students prepare for college you just have to search and put yourself out there to receive the help you need.
Decent schooling experience overall. Teachers who really wanted to be there who were bossed around by average principles. A great place to learn overall.
Start Your Review of Minneapolis Public School District
There are large funding disparities between schools with more people of color and schools with more white people. The school district is as segregated as the city which is not a good thing. Although these are all bad things, I have been privileged to get many opportunities through inter-city public school programs like Project Success.
There were very few resources. Although the sports and academic programs were decent the kids didn't have any resources for things in the neighborhood
Minnetonka has always been welcoming and such a great school. I have gone here my whole life and have not been dissapointed at all. It has taught me so much and there is no where else I would want to be educated at.
Very promising to see children grow. The level of education and the pace of teaching is designed to fit each student, and meet their levels of education.
I´ve been going to school in this district my whole school career. I hated going to school but ill blame the american education system. Minneapolis public has some issues to work out; but at least we´re better than Saint Paul. Anywho, schools are pretty cool with design and capitalism. Teachers are cool. Kids are standard
The minneapolis public school district is diverse racially, ethnically, socio economically, and morally. Different views are shared among students and staff, creating a healthy space for discussion and learning.
I have been a student in Minneapolis public school for four years which has been a lot of learning experience socially, mentally, and academically. Something that I really like about Minneapolis Public School is that they provide so many support systems through teachers and collaborative for students like me who are involved in sports and struggles with their grades and personal life. Every staff member is willing to listen and help us work through our problems which gives us a hope for better things. One thing that I would change about this district would be the amount of fights that happens because could really affect our learning environment in a negative way. Also I would like to see a little bit change in our lunch food because we are served almost the same things everyday in a week. Not every student end up eating lunch because of having the same thing everyday.
I attend Patrick Henry High. My experience with the school was like a self-discovery journey. There are always staff to help you because the staff understood that students had lives outside of school and that our personal lives CAN impact our education, whether they were positive or negative impact. They wanted to build a relationship with their students. The students were also very open & welcoming. Many students were from the North side & had been in the North side all of their lives. It was very apparent that many students had grown up together and would most likely make lifelong friends. This didn't stop the student body from welcoming others. The school building was old, by the time I graduate in 2020, the school would have been standing for 95+ years. This did not diminish the new feeling of warmth & excitement every coming school year. My overall experience has been an unforgettable & positive one, it's true that high school would be the golden years of our young adult life.
I really enjoyed the community of the Minneapolis school district. I spent kindergarten through 12th grade with them and every year they showed an interest in the students and their needs. On every first day of high school, district representatives would stand outside the school along with teachers and other community members to welcome students back to high school. It was very sweet and was just one of the ways the district was there for us!
We lost so many great teachers due to the district being in debt by millions and they had to cut many of our teachers. I wish the district would let the students have more of a voice in things also.
Minneapolis Public School has many great programs to get your kids ready for college. If you're looking for diverse schools, Minneapolis Public Schools couldn't be any more diverse with so many different culture and backgrounds. A great way to get introduced to new things for you and your child. The teachers and staff are really friendly and only wish the best for your child. One thing I would point out is that the food is not the best so I would pack my own lunch. Lastly, there are a lot of clubs and activities to choose from or at least something for everyone.
Overall, I would like to see more parents involved as well as administration. When students know that others care about their education just as much as they do if not more It pushes them and motivates them to go harder.
being someone that comes from a different state I was very shy and timid but once I found my way around it became easier for me to feel comfortable it isn't very diverse so bring a minority is very hard but in some way they try not to let that affect the education and overall vibe of the community. things could be better but it has time to improve. The thing that really helped me was joining clubs and activities, it really makes you feel more involved and apart of something great.
I've been apart of Minneapolis Public school systems since kindergarden and I am now a Junior in high school. I love Minneapolis public schools but the only things that are wrong with it are the teacher and budget cuts, Requirements for high school, and the school boarder decisions that are not parent or community approved or voted on.
Start Your Review of Minneapolis Public School District
I went to middle school and high school in this district and had a overall good experience. I learned a lot about different cultures and made friendships that I still keep. One thing I didn’t enjoy that much was the shortage of teachers.
Minneapolis Public School District cares about everyone and they ensure that everyone has the same opportunity at education and learning.