Miami-Dade County Public Schools Reviews

1,182 reviews
The schools are in pretty good shape, food quite bad, teachers for the most part good. Overall the warm weather, the location, the atmosphere makes the schools feel very welcoming.
I attended two Miami-Dade County Public Schools, varying from middle to high school. In my personal opinion, the system is great. There has never been a problem with any of my teachers, faculty, or other members. Additionally, the teachers always want you to succeed thus leading to a great learning environment. Teachers will go out of their way to help you as well as demonstrate affection not only for the student but also for their personal interests. Furthermore, there are many opportunities given by the schools. For instance, I attended a high school that taking Cambridge International exams and earning an AICE diploma was an option.
Miami-Dade County Public Schools is an excellent school district. The schools are kept very clean. Teachers are very professional and knowledgeable. The clubs are very active and have meetings on a weekly or monthly basis. The administration staff handles situations in a very timely manner. There doors are always open for any concerns that parents or students may have. Overall, I had a great experience. One thing I would like to see different is a better lunch menu with more options and varieties.
Start Your Review of Miami-Dade County Public Schools
I have been attending Miami Dade public schools for about 10 years now. I've been through their elementary, middle and high schools. It can be a very hit or miss experience just make sure you choose the right school. I loved my elementary but didn't enjoy my middle school so the county can be a very hit or miss thing.
Miami-Dade County has a very diverse approach to education. Just like they have professors that genuinely care about their students success and well-being, they have professors that make it their life purpose to make their students life a nightmare. Some professors need to remind themselves their true purpose on their students life. Overall, they have amazing programs and opportunities for students to succeed.
I enjoy miami dade public schools because they care for their students academics and the students well being in the school. The teachers that I've had through all my years have always been kind and helpful during school and even helped me deal with problems outside of school. The only problem I have is the lunches which are not of good quality and can even be appalling but overall my experience with Miami dade county has been good.
Miami-Dade County public schools represents over 160 countries and provides flexible requirements needed for students to graduate. It addresses problems swiftly and provides students and teachers with various sources of information. Miami-Dade strives to maintain a curriculum that sets students up for success and I love to be a part of this school district. So much diversity, activities allow students to feel comfortable in their school environment, all while keeping schools safe. However, I do believe changes such as quality of food and some facilities require an update.
From elementary to high school I was cared for emotionally, mentally and psychically by staff to ensure my success.
Only recently did my school start adding more facilities, but they should've done it a long time ago. I also wish they would use more of their money on better resources, like an actual library or more microwaves in the cafeteria for students to use.
I have had an overall positive experience at MDCPS. The schools try to give priority to the needs of the students, but fail to do so in the best way sometimes. One example of this is their attempt to address mental health by providing videos that addressed the matter in a way that did not turn out to be helpful.
Miami Dade County Public Schools has proven to be a great school district. I have attended schools in this district since Kindergarten and I am now 16 years old. Also, my mother has been a teacher in this school district for 27 years. I believe that I have received quality education with many opportunities for growth.
From what I have experienced, Miami Dade College is an institution that has granted me numerous opportunities to pursue a higher level of education. These opportunities include various activities, classes, clubs, sports and more. The professors that I have taken have an interest in both my education and personal wellbeing. Overall, I am grateful to be a Miami Dade College student!
Not the worse but far from the best. Safety, College Readiness, Food, Administration could all use some improvement.
One thing that I liked about Miami-Dade County Public Schools was that they cared about the community. They would always go out of their way to help others. Miami-Dade County would always hold canned food drives, clothes drive, body wash drives and etc.
what liked about miami-dade college is the crowds of different people, good education, has every program people need and is the most smart choice to do
As a person who loves education, Attending Miami-Dade County Public Schools is the best experience I have ever had. I am able to walk into to the real world and used the knowledge I’ve learned from Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
I loved school, I wish I could go back. I have so many fond memories from when I was in school. I cherish the moments that have made me who I am today. I have nothing but good things to say about Miami Dade County Public Schools.
Start Your Review of Miami-Dade County Public Schools
I believe Miami Dade County Public schools needs to hire better prepared teachers if they are becoming engaged in programs such as Cambridge; AP and overall college preparedness. Teachers are relying on educational websites to do their job and learning is not as fun and dynamic for this generation as it was for the past generations. Music programs are scarce compared to public school systems in other states such as New York. AP programs sound appealing for parents, and their children who want to overachieve, but it is making students too pressured and with high stress levels at such a young age but this is what all kids are doing. The MDPS is doing a lot and bringing so many resources that are wonderful but they need to focus more on the kids overall development and less on the financial aspects of things and statistics.
I love Miami Dade Public Schools, they make sure i have the best learning experience and environment to help my learning needs.
I enjoy the sense of community and comfort that my own personal school supplied. Was a safe space that also held a large amount of diversity in ethnicity, religions, and races. I would like there to be an increase in support for the arts as they help individuals express themselves in all aspects of life and grow not only in confidence but have a sense of involvement and community with fellow craftsmen of the arts. Also an increase in support for dedicated technological classes and magnets/academies.