Mentor Exempted Village School District Reviews

The educational experience was great. Sure there were things us students liked to complain about, whether it be about the state of some of the rooms in the building or the food in the cafeteria. But, Mentor has some VERY excellent teachers and has a good educational environment. The classrooms are equipped with helpful technology like smartboards while the students are provided with Macbooks meaning we can further our studying and learning from anywhere. Our online programs, while sometimes frustrating, overall helped us in the classroom a lot. There aren't a lot of schools that are better when it comes to the educational environment.
I have attending Mentor Public Schools for my entire educational career. I attended preschool at the local Methodist church and began elementary as a kindergarten student at Hopkins Elementary. I was there until I was in fifth grade and was ready to move on to middle school. I met my best friend there, and I also had to say goodbye to her when she moved before we finished there.
I attending Memorial Middle School for sixth, seventh and eighth grade. I had a hard time adjusting and making new friends. I tried out for every sport including volleyball, cheer leading, track, and cross country. Made grades were excellent, and by the time I reached 8th grade I had a good group of friends, and I was a football cheerleader and also was on the track team. It was during this time that I realized how competitive Mentor is both academically and athletically. This proves to be frustrating for students and athletes.
I spent my last four years at the high school, and I am really sad to say goodbye.
There are plenty of opportunities in terms of classes and extracurricular a, everyone can find a place and a role here in my opinion!
Start Your Review of Mentor Exempted Village School District
I love the variety of opportunity in terms of classes and extracurricular, it seems like there are places for everyone if they look for one!
Mentor Schools were excellent in academics, music and sports. It provided ample opportunity to learn and grow.
I originally attended Riverside but came to Mentor my sophomore year. As far as the teachers go, I think they engage with students well. Aside from the few that dislike their jobs. Mentor is proactive on safety but some people in the office do NOT take complaints from students seriously. Especially when it comes to bullying or harassment.
I love mentor it is awseome the teachers are amazing. The faculty are amazing as are the secretarys and students and Administrators.
Mentor schools has a great environment for learning and collaboration which is one of the most essential components for success. Mentor offers a wide variety of classes and courses you can take depending on your interests which encourages diversity among the students. There numerous extracurricular activities that urge students to explore new areas of learning beyond the core circular classes. Mentor helps kids prepare for college by offering a wide range of AP Classes. These classes are designed to give students the opportunity to receive college credit prior to graduating high school. Mentor gives students the ability to challenge themselves and explore courses of rigor that they see best fit. Although some students do not personally choose a challenging course, Mentor is persistent with monitoring students' schedules and ensuring that they get the most optimal education out of their high school experience.
I was a student through this school district for the majority of my schooling and as a high school student I had the opportunity to work in the preschool inside the high school as well as one of the elementary schools. During my time in middle school they were including chrome books and trying to get us more involved with the internet and technology. By the time high school came, we each got our own macbook. Mentor’s school district does a great job trying to incorporate technology into learning and they have multiple sources for help. The teachers, staff, and school buildings are all great.
Mentor tends to only focus on the primary athletes and the highest academic succeeders. Those of us who don't accomplish major milestones in a mainstream manner do not receive the same types of recognition and praise as others, even if our successes are just as astonishing as our peers. Safety is not a concern, despite recent events throughout the district. Opportunity is very fair across the board as well in terms of eligibility and ability to be involved within the community.
I went into Mentor Schools after being in private school for elementary, and it was a notable improvement. My seven years here have been great, and the district has been helpful, open, and allowed me to succeed in every way I can.
Mentor High School is very large schools that averages 5,000 kids per year. The facility is one of the biggest in North East Ohio. Every student at Mentor is given a personal MacBook to have, and then they keep it everyday, take it home and use it too. They can even take it home over the summer. At the end of your senior year you will return your MacBook. The building also features 3 big lecture rooms. The school also has a Library called The Hub. That is where there is nice seating and spots to study when you don’t have class or have extra time. Mentor holds hundreds of books and you can check out as many as five at a time. The Hub also has a second floor. Students report for an online class up there, and groups can also work in little back rooms they have up there. There is also CTE, which is a 2 year program that you can start as a junior that gives you experience in a specific field of work.
Mentor High provides so many opportunities that help support kids with their dreams and pushes them to achieve them.
Mentor public schooling is a very progressive school system regarding both technology in the classroom and acceptance of students. The only complaint that I see any person being able to make is the lack of counselor interaction among the student body. This was not an issue for myself regarding college applications, but I know many students struggled and did not feel a close enough bond with their counselor to ask for help.
This school district is amazing. I went to it k-2 but then moved away and had a bad experience at a different district. Then i moved back for my 5th grade year and I been there since.
I loved my time at mentor high! Great atmosphere, great people, and great academics! I feel it prepared me for college better than any of the neighboring school districts could have. The curriculum was very proficient and useful for life after high school. The culture of the school is a very spirited and friendly environment. I enjoyed every moment I spent there.
Mentor Public Schools has provided and will continue to provide me a great education. Throughout the years, Mentor has continued to impress me. I love the use of technology in the classroom because it really does help engage my classmates and I into our assignments. Mentor Exempted Village School District truly is a “5 star” school district because if improvements need to be made they are made, but way past the standard.
Start Your Review of Mentor Exempted Village School District
Through my experience with Mentor Exempted Public School District, I have been overall satisfied. Mentor Schools has shown exemplary academic prowess through both the ability of its students and the success of its academic clubs. While I am not one for athletics, those I know who are participants speak very highly of those programs. The arts programs, which I am a strong member of, is comprehensive with a skilled and involved staff.
Mentor High School provided me with the resources I needed to excel in my classes. The teaching staff, especially in the arts were truly wonderful and great role models in my life.
It was okay, incorporates blended learning and MacBooks in with current curriculum which is not a reliable form of education. Some teachers really care about the students whereas others don't. There are many different classes but scheduling classes is difficult.