Melrose Public School District Reviews

At Melrose it is a very close community, everyone is very friendly with amazing staff. The school is well known for the successful sports programs which keeps many people very busy. Overall, Melrose is a wonderful school with great students.
Great School great community. There are lots of different programs for students. Only Soccer program in the area. Staff are involved. Hometown feel. .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
There is plenty of school spirit and welcoming attitudes. For a small school, the activities and sports available are fairly successful, though I wish there was more resources for the arts (dance team and musical included).
Start Your Review of Melrose Public School District
The environment around accepting different types of students is terrible. The faculty for the majority is bad at teaching. After tenth grade I decided to go to college, mainly because of the students and teachers. didn't receive very much of an education except for in math,of which I was a part of the fast track group. I wouldn't recommend this school, but to each their own I suppose. I try not to be negative, however, Melrose is a part of a small group of people who don't like outsiders.
As a Senior at MHS, my experience in the past 12 years has been worthwhile. I liked Melrose because we are such a tight-knit community and your teachers know your older siblings or your parents so you aren't just another student.
Some things I would like to see different in the Melrose School District are the bathrooms and enforcement on bullying. One of the issues is the bathrooms. The stall doors do not latch, so when someone uses the one next door, your door flies open. There are stains in the stalls and sometimes you do not have soap or paper towels. These things can be easily fixed but they should be better addressed. Bullying has been an uproaring problem in the Melrose School District in the past couple of years. I recall seeing posters hung up in the hall, but if a student is being bullied, it seems that nothing gets carried out about the problem. We could use these slight changes to our advantage and I believe it would make MHS a better place to attend school.
There is many great tools with Niche. I really enjoy that Niche is very helpful it is very organized and it sends out email to me so I don't miss anything. I would not change much about Niche, but maybe I would change the way to apply to a scholarship. There is so many steps, first you have to enter personal information a few times than go to a college page than finally get to the final process.