Mehlville R-IX School District Reviews

I enjoy working with the teachers and staff. They seem to give us a great education and let us think for ourselves. Our school year was cut short because of the COVID-19.
Very great district! With great and encouraging teachers! Everything is very put together at Mehlville.
Mehlville School District is a great school, I have been in this district sense kindergarten. I am happy that I haven’t moved schools. Most people that go to Mehlville are some of the nicest people you could meet. There are a lot of people that are very athletic in every sport. Like I do baton twirling and Mehlville offers some pretty cool sports too. Just by looking at Mehlville School District you would see some awesome people and would love to have those students.
Start Your Review of Mehlville R-IX School District
I have gone to Mehlville since I was in 2nd grade. I am now graduating in 2021. Overall I really do like the school. I attended Bierbaum, Buerkle, and Mehlville. All of them I never really had any issues. I was always given opportunities to help me succeed. Due to the program I am in, I will be graduating with a 100% free Associate's degree. Throughout my experience, there have been some problems with faculty not doing enough about racism in our school. Although we have culture clubs and Global Coffee House, there are still children running around saying the N word and making racist jokes very commonly. Granted, the parents of these children are at fault, but many times my peers and I have reported racist name calling and black face (once) and nothing was done. I love my school but racism is has been surprisingly common throughout my 10 -11 years at Mehlville. Aside from that, I really do love the school and the faculty that actually makes change.
Mehlville School District is a very diverse district. There are a lot of ethnicities present at every school. I loved the education that I received in the district. The more you effort you put into your education at Mehlville, the more the school has to offer you in return.
I have been with Mehlville my whole life, they do an amazing job to reach out and help every student succeed.
I like how closely bonded all of the students are to each other from different school activities but I think our disciplinary system needs to be changed. There are serious things that my school I feel don’t even get address at all but then other students have strict consequences for very minor things. Those priorities aren’t right.
a diverse school that focuses on preparing students for the next step in their educational process.

Good social and academic clubs and groups along with their athletic program.

Parent groups go the extra step to fill the gaps the district can not fiscally support.
My children received a wonderful education. They had dedicated teachers who cared about the students beyond the classroom.
Absolutely love this district! They are doing Amazing things here and other schools are coming in all the time to see best practices from the teachers here! Such a diverse school district that gives students lots of possibilities for learning.
What I loved about being a student in the Mehlville School District is that if you knew what you wanted to do prior to the education system, then your teachers and counselors will do everything in their power to help prepare you for your future.
It was a good place for school. Most of the teachers were kind, although there were a few problems here and there. However, my main issue was with the counseling department. I went a few times to discuss college plans, and was told a few times I should consider a different major, and that I was “better suited” for science instead of art and design.
I liked the school spirit from both Oakville and Mehlville High School! What I did not like was the amount of fighting and bullying i've seen throughout my time at Oakville High School.
This school I’ve attended is a great for learning and making friendships. Some teachers are great and vary helpful.
It was fun and great. The teachers are amazing. Teachers should get raises because of how awesome they are. Way to go, Mehlville!
Our experience in the district was overall very good. Our children attended Rogers Elementary and we could not have been happier with our experience there! Parent involvement was higher than anywhere I've ever seen. Our children attended Oakville Middle School and had a wonderful experience there as well. It was a great environment for learning to be more independent.
I have enjoyed my experience at Mehlville these last four years, and I'm excited about my future. I believe that my teachers over these last four years have helped me prepare for the next journey of my life.

One thing that I feel did not quite prepare me for college, was the expense, and how it would have an impact on me after graduating from college. I wish they would offer more instruction on finance, how to manage money, and how to better prepare myself for those financial challenges that lie ahead.

Overall I enjoyed my experience.
Start Your Review of Mehlville R-IX School District
I was in the Mehlville School District since second grade and graduated from Mehlville High School. The teachers are very smart and helpful. They have great curriculum options, like the option to be in Project Lead The Way Biomedical Science classes throughout high school, which exposes students to healthcare and the medical field. I have only encountered a couple to a few bad apples within the teachers during high school, simply meaning some could care less if their students pass or fail. Overall, I had a great experience with the students and faculty at Mehlville School District.
I liked the amount of academic progress it provided to students, but the lack of public funding and school programs made for few positive experiences outside of learning
I liked the Mehlville was very open and inclusive to all students. Although at times, it wasn't the best policy. Although, my experience at Mehlville was a bit bland due to myself not joining many clubs. They made high school fun for others and I believe that they did an amazing job at it.