Medina Valley Independent School District Reviews

I enjoy the school environment. I personally like most of the teachers, they seem to be very educated, and I consistently learn new things daily while attending this high school.
the school is very nice and sweet the admin are very helpful and so are the teachers. it is a small little school but it has a lot of pontional. it is in the middle of no where but that doesn't mean it doest pack a pouch
What I love most about Medina Valley ISD is the atmosphere. It is so friendly, fun, and exciting. I look forward to attending school because I learn so much everyday. I wouldn’t change any of it!
Start Your Review of Medina Valley Independent School District
I have attended Medina Valley since the 7th grade, it has been such a great experience and was a definite up-grade from my last school. Medina Valley High School has offered nothing but the greatest courses and extra-circulars. I am involved in many extra-circulars that my previous school never offered such as: Mu Alpha Theta (Greek Math Society) FFA judging teams and public speaking events, Student Council, Swim and many more. I really enjoy being involved in the culture of excellence that is Medina Valley High School. Since I walked into that school I have experienced many great things, from tremendous school spirit at pep rallies and football games, and excellent academic progress of my friends and I to access of college readiness. It may seem like a cliche but high school is supposed to be one of the greatest times of your life and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every second of Panther Pride I have endured. I would highly recommend Medina Valley High School to anyone.
Excellent school district with one of the best school board in the state. I’ve met the superintendent and some of the school board members and they have great plans and vision for the school district for the next ten years.
The school changes a lot, but is always beneficial for the students. The administration are very strict, but for good reason. The library was my favorite.
The school and I have had very disappointing times. I was tormented by other peers in my past and very little effort was made to aid me. I was told to quit my job for the sake of being in a class I did not need to graduate, and needed a therapist's note to try and get out of the class for the 10th time. This was an awful process that was energy draining, and much denial was implemented. There is a lot of mental health negligence, and hypocrisy accredited by the administration. The rules are only forced upon certain students, and the ones who are not well-known, are treated much differently in a negative matter.
Overall, it’s not a bad school. It is safe and they prepare you for college in the advanced courses. The teachers are all really friendly and only want the students to learn and achieve success in the classroom. The extracurricular activities offered are also nice; there is a lot of clubs and organizations a student can join and be proud of.
The teachers and Administration are very respectful to me. They are always there when I need help. The school has very good academics and they have a lot of different clubs.
This school is a very educational school, they really do want us to succeed. Medina Valley has very high academic scores.
I love how the teacher focus on you and not just trying to get the lesson over with they’ll connect with you. There really shouldn’t be that much change the only thing that should change is how strict they are
They helped when you would ask. they took time out of their day to help a student in need even though they might have had a lot on their plates.
Many students believe the administration has too many rules and are too harsh, however once graduated it is easy to see how the admin have been very open to hearing students' opinions and finding a middle ground on reasonable requests.
Medina Valley Independent school district is a very warm and welcoming place to attend elementary, middle, and high school. In my experience, the teachers and staff do a fantastic job of being supportive and helpful in all areas. They offer tutoring before and after school and will help at any time. The students are kind and welcoming to everyone. Sports and academics is what sets Medina Valley higher than schools in the surrounding areas. It is a safe place to have a child attend school and be successful with their peers. The STEM program offered at the high school prepares students to take on challenging and rewarding tasks to become ready to attend college or university.
I went to school there for highschool it was really fun. Compared to most schools that I have friends that go to Medina valley sounds a lot better then others
It’s a little too strict on the phone policy. If I get a important call I have to go to the front office to return the call on the school phone
The School is clean, rules are strict and enforced. Plan on attending Saturday school if you forgot your student ID. Plan on attending Saturday school if you are failing a class. Plan on attending Saturday school if you have poor attendance. Three tardies equal an entire missed day of school. If your tardies are even 5 minutes for 3 times its counted as an entire missed day of school. I think this policy needs to be revised. If you show up for school past 10:00 A.M. you are counted as an entire missed day of school. No cell phone usage is allowed, not even at lunch and this policy is strictly enforced. Too many missed days of school and a truancy officer will go to your house. This is not an open school district.
Start Your Review of Medina Valley Independent School District
Medina Valley High School is a good school, however it’s in a very tightly knit community and if you’re a new student it can be hard to fit into a friend group. Another down side to this school is how little variety in classes there are, there are no medical classes besides Sports Med and Farmers Veterinarian classes. Most classes are Agriculturally related which is not an interesting field to everyone.
'Good' schools are based on the idea of academic achievement and measures the student's future success. Medina Valley is just like the rest, yet what makes this school extraordinary are the teachers.
Teachers are the real reasons why students succeed. The teachers at Medina Valley didn't revolve their lesson plans around state testing. They separated knowledge, integrity, and obedience and ensured the students know what the difference is. My teachers are who make the school unique and make the experience memorable. My teachers didn't teach content, but ideas.
I would change my school's education system. My school prepares students not for college but for STAR Testing. We are expected to perform at outstanding levels under the same conditions despite our unique learning needs. The teachers make Medina Valley different, it is why Medina Valley prospers and is one of the best schools in Texas because we don't follow typical norms.
Being in the outskirts of San Antonio, Medina Valley always has something to offer. With the town being rather small, students tend to be in close ties with one another. The sports facilities are one of the best i've been too and the results show in the teams regular season record. Medina Valley is known for their administrators whether it's in a good or bad way it's up to you to tell.