Mecklenburg County Public Schools Reviews

I like the fact that they tried to do better in a lot of things in school. what i would like to see change is some teachers favoritism to other students.
Mecklenburg County Public Schools has a lot of school options across the county. This availability helps with choosing the right school for commuting purposes. The quality of teaching can vary by class or school as some teachers have not been as effective as others. The administration overall could use some work as some policies and procedures do not benefit the student.
The county needs to find more qualified teachers to teach the students to the best of their ability. Although, they struggle in other areas, the county takes the safety of their students very seriously and do whatever it takes to protect them. The county tries to make the food and facilities the best they can so the students are in a satisfactory environment where they can thrive.
Start Your Review of Mecklenburg County Public Schools
I like the diversity. I would change off days and the ability for students to start college readiness class as a freshman instead of a junior.
At Mecklenburg County Public Schools, I met a few teachers that helped me decide that I would like to become a teacher myself. Also, there were technology resources that were better than some counties that I've seen. However, I would like to see a pay raise brought to the teachers that are employed here and I would also like to see an updated school building with matching technology resources. The school has been there for many years and it is much need of an upgrade.
What I liked about Charlotte Meckleburg Schools is by being able to participate in Sports in the Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Schools. To also see that our school provides knowledgeable coaches that care about their students and their wellbeing. Encouraging them physically and mentally. Staying focused on their grades and by helping the students find a college to go to.
The school board doesn't show they care, from the mold food to the lack of matnience. For example, in one of my classes most of the floor tile is gone leaving aspetus out in the open. It has been that way since last school year. Even though the building is in poor shape, the staff within the walls are incredible. They try their best to help their students understand the material, even staying late some days to help students in need.
Mecklenburg County Public Schools is one of the best school systems in the surrounding area. Being in a rural area, we don't have a lot of resourses compared to bigger cities, but we are gaining these resources quickly.
As a current student in one of the Mecklenburg County Public Schools district, so much has happened and I a lot of things could be done better.
Poor food and facilities and environment for eager dedicated children. The administration is also poor, as well as some of the teachers and the academics. On the other hand, the sports and the diversity of this school is fairly good
Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools was average, because the teacher always put 50 into what you do. they will help and find a way for you. they treated us like we was thier kids. CMS can change about them is the structure they expect for the kids.
What I really like about mecklenburg county schools and appreciate are the teachers and their hard work to try and make a change in our schools. As personal experience I have had teachers that have helped me through a lot of struggles in my academic and personal life and for that I'm really grateful. In my opion something that mecklenburg county schools need to work on is the way they zone schools. There are students who live right next door to a school and have to go somewhere 30 minutes away because of their income I truly believe that should change.
It's okay. We're a pretty broke county, so I don't expect much from our school-board. However, it would be nice if they had changed the schedule so we didn't have to come in until ten in the morning, but since it's my last year, I don't really care anymore.
I attended Olympic High School 2 years ago and it was 5 schools in one. I enjoyed my time there and the friends I did make. however I wish I could have gotten more involved in clubs and after schools activities. The problem with that was every time I tried to do this club or this club I was given the run around about who to talk to so I could join the club. I also didn't like what I was hearing about the school I wanted to be in before I even started to go there. Apparently people were that the school IBCS was ghetto because that is where all the black people are and they always have fights. It wasn't right what they were saying and to make it worse it was people that attending the other 4 schools in Olympic as well as people who didn't even go to Olympic.
I feel as if Niche is perfect the way it is. It has all the scholarships already up and ready to go.
During my first few years of high school I had a wonderful experience in this school system, however my senior year it took an unprogressive leap backwards.
I loved the small community high school, but wised I had the experience to explore better sports programs and more extra curricular activities sponsored by my high school!