Maryville R-II School District Reviews

We absolutely love raising our kids in a small community where their teachers and school friends are also people they go to church with, participate in extracurricular activities with and work with. However, living in a small community also means you don't always have access to some higher level learning opportunities.
Maryville high school gave many opportunities and fun experiences that you don't see at other schools around this area. The school added a brand new performing arts center witch help with drama and spectrum to have its own platform within our school. Then the teachers were always very helpful and always there to help you and answer any questions you had. The smaller classroom size helped with that too.
I loved how the Maryville school district is a place full of comfort and kindness. I have been in the Maryville, Missouri school district for a total of 5 years. I moved to Maryville, MO the summer before eighth grade and I nervous about school because I did not know anyone. However, all the students and staff in the Maryville school district helped me feel at home, overall it was a great experience!
Start Your Review of Maryville R-II School District
overall learning was adequate, higher level courses were appropriate, students who needed extra guidance were often ridiculed or deemed unworthy by some teachers
Maryville offers so many college prep courses AND the opportunity to take online college classes to improve your future plans.
I had a very good high school experience there, but it could definitely have been more diverse and more open to new things. They are willing to help out students in many different departments and are good about trying to make a good experience for all students.
My experience with Maryville R-II was a decent one; it would've been nice to have more resources catered to what I was interested in (music and performing especially), but I know they have since built a new fine arts center which provides these resources. Additionally, it is not very diverse, but academics were decent and I was relatively prepared for college.
Maryville High School is a small and loving community. The teachers care about their students and will usually provide individual and more one-on-one help to each student. My high school experience has been amazing! Even outside of the school, the town is full of love. Everyone is involved. This high school has numerous opportunities academically, athletically, and socially. There is no way you won't find a friend in the Maryville R-II School District.
I really loved my last four years at Maryville. When I started going to school here, I knew no one. Now it feels like I know everyone. The community is great, the school is great, the atmosphere is good, and overall I've had a good experience here learning and playing and growing. After moving from an inner-city school, the diversity is very low, which is probably typical for a farming community which won't really change. The teachers were great and helpful, though the English department could use some better and more rigorous teachers. Sports at Maryville have always been very competitive, especially football because we're expected to win 99% of the time.

As I enter my final days going to Maryville, I find myself reflecting more and more on my high school experience, and I am very pleased with it.
The Maryville R-II School District has been a great place to be a part of. I have loved growing up in this small town that thoroughly enjoys the culture of sports which makes the town great. It has also been very safe, and I feel as though the administration truly cares for the students. I think they should encourage more student involvement and responsibility, while also raising the expectations of the students to promote the ability in students to overcome tough obstacles.
My experience at Maryville High School was incredible. Going into my freshman year I was so nervous and I didn't want to be in highschool, but now that I am here I love it and I don't want to graduate. The atmosphere at this school is phenomenal, the school is supported by such a great community. Not only are all the teachers loving and caring they are also very good teachers, our academics are above average, and we are very proud of them. Maryville High has just recently invested into a new wonderful performing arts center which is amazing. It has added a whole lot of character to the school that we did not have before. They are still in the progress of building a practice gym that will help student athletes out tremendously. I love Maryville High School I have made so many memories that I will cherish forever.
MHS is an incredible place to get your high school degree. It offers a handful of dual credit college courses, and has an hour long open lunch period. You are able to conform your schedule to your preference and work with staff who are intent in improving your learning. MHS also has many clubs, sports and activities to choose from. MHS even has a very unique mascot! The Spoofhound! MHS offered me an amazing four year experience through academics, sports, and customization.
I would like to see students learn more about writing. Only students in honors classes learn how to write.