Maplewood-Richmond Heights School District Reviews

As much as students complain about high school, I know deep down that my school is actually really nice. It's given me so many opportunities, as well as the teachers that actually care about your success. A teacher's job title says little about what they actually give to students. Every teacher has a story to tell, advice to give, and they do just that. And the students at MRH are truly different from any other school. Most of these kids have been together since pre-school, but when someone new transfers in, we try our best to include them. Cliques aren't a thing, as the divided friend "groups" have boundaries that are easily blurred and crossed. We stick up for each other, we help each other out. There are many different schools that I could've gone to, public and private. I'm so glad that 10 years ago, my parents chose to put me in the MRH school district. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Maplewood is an accepting community. You will find teachers who care about you and your success. You will also find fellow peers who will embrace you for who you are. Maplewood isn't perfect. They are trying to do what they can with the money they have available. They give every student a laptop and as much support as they can to make you successful.
Due to my dad being in the Military for the first half of my life, we moved a lot. For elementary school, I went to five different schools. MRH was the longest I had ever stayed at a school, and for that I was able to try new things (Cross Country and Track). With it's small size, I was really able to connect with teachers and feel comfortable being myself with them. I also knew how to get in contact with almost anyone in the building with the laptops they provided for us. It was a completely different experience to the schools I shuffled through prior. In my eyes, MRH was an extremely great district that cared for its students.
Start Your Review of Maplewood-Richmond Heights School District
I have been a student at the Maplewood Richmond Heights School District since first grade. Throughout my time here, from elementary school to high school, I have noticed a fierce dedication within the teachers of helping their students succeed. Nearly every teacher will not just know you as a student, but will know you as a person. This, and the fact that Maplewood is a small school, helps the teacher specialize ways in which every student can learn efficiently. At Maplewood schools, everyone knows everyone. The schools don't just feel like schools, they feel like places where you can be friends with anyone and still truly be yourself. Maplewood kids always get opportunities to follow their interests and speak out about what they are passionate about.
I have been in MRH since kindergarten. I have had a wonderful experience here. For the most part, the teachers have been amazing. We have a small enough school that the teachers not only know the names of students in their class, but they know students in the entire grade. I had teachers know me even though they never taught me directly. This school is very good at personalizing things to each student. We have many help programs for students struggling in different subjects. I have found many volunteer opportunities through this school which not only helps me, but the projects can help the community and other students in the school.
Best school ever! Awesome teachers and coaches! I feel at home when I am there and am very sad to leave. Not only is the school great but the community is as well. During sports events the community comes together as one and it makes everyone feel so involved.
I liked it as I went there for the four years of high school. Most of my class did real well in life. Our reunions tells us that each time we have one.
For being a public school that was previously understaffed, funded, and had a decaying building, the school has really pulled itself up. It is currently one of the best public school in the St. Louis area with many amazing opportunities and resources for its students, but not with an overwhelming student body size. Classes are still no more than 24 student max per a teacher, with a very racially divers population.
I have attended Maplewood since I was in preschool, and my entire experience including this year has been a wonderful academic experience. I believe that most of the teachers are great at their jobs and they make classes fun. For the past two years, this year being my sophomore year and last year my freshman, I have been more stressed because of the workload, but that’s expected. The other students are also very picky of who they’re friends with and will cut someone off for the most outlandish of reasons. I would probably rate Maplewood higher if I had a better social experience, but the academics are stellar! There are so many awards from associations displayed all over the school.
My experience at Maplewood has been amazing. The teachers and principals work extremely hard that you are provided with the resources that you need to succeed within and outside of the classroom. I love that the environment of Maplewood is family oriented and allows everyone to feel like they matter and belong. Lastly, here at Maplewood, I have been exposed and able to participate in many opportunities that I feel like I might not have been able to partake in anywhere else.
Maplewood-Richmond Heights School District is on an uprise. The District continues to grow and advances in many ways. As an athlete, it is always rewarding to see the sports teams doing well, but school isn't all about the sports. MRH's average act score has increased every year for the past few years now. Graduation rates are getting higher, things look good, but can always be better. I believe the district could improve its maintenance. The girls' bathroom stalls never seem to lock. The other thing I think they could improve is putting students through the appropriate amount of rigorous courses, sometimes not everyone is ready to advance.
Maplewood-Richmond Heights school district is a very safe and close-knit community. The schools have continued to excel in technology and student-teacher relationships, but lack the ability to mature students for college.
I learned a lot attending Maplewood-Richmond Heights. I was able to carry-on those skills into college. I was involved with a few clubs that gave me a responsibility in bettering myself as an teen which I did by the time I graduated. Also, being involved in sports made my experience at Maplewood-Richmond Heights fun!
I started in the middle of 5th grade year at MRH and stayed up until the 10th grade. It was a interesting experience there, I've become so mature because of the experiences I've had at MRH.
It is a school district and fine as it is.kj4 mr m4kf emtl k4m fkm l4k mlr kml km rfm
l w ke m l f m w kl e r m l k f mr w
Maplewood was great in that there was a lot of diversity and open-mindedness by not only the faculty but the students as well. I appreciated the perks of going to a small school such as faculty knowing who you are and the small class sizes. The AP classes available were definitely challenging but I think the rest of the classes were relatively easy. Less coddling, higher standards, and more rigorous academics would have better prepared me for college.
This district takes education seriously by implementing technology into the classroom to go deeper into learning then any book could ever go.
Start Your Review of Maplewood-Richmond Heights School District
Overall, I found that this school was really connected with current events and each other. The students all got along and there was almost no noticeable bullying. However, there are not many accommodations made to students with ADHD, dyslexia, etc. This is a HUGE con.
Overall, MRH has been a great experience. My teachers have been very enthusiastic and have challenged me to go above and beyond. I have learned to be comfortable being uncomfortable. MRH has allowed me to grow as a person throughout my high school years. The diverse and open minded community of Maplewood has taught me a lot. I will be sad to leave, but look forward to the new experiences that come ahead.
Maplewood prepared me for being a global citizen and taught me to be a critical thinker better than my college did! I came to university more aware of many issues. Though college is said to be an experience to teach us about tolerance and diversity, I felt that I have to teach others about these things, I feel very much like my university is lacking in fostering creative, critically thinking, aware and open minded students. My education at MRH was far more thought provoking, well rounded, and enriched than that of my liberal arts education at Truman State University. MRH helped me develop leadership skills I also don't have the opportunity to practice or develop further in University. MRH provides resources to its students and fosters a strong, well connected community.