Longview Independent School District Reviews

I really liked that Longview High School offered the International Baccalaureate program. It has helped me to prepare for college, and I know that I will be able to keep up with my classes and be able to manage time and stress well.
My experience was not so great. I felt that administration at Longview High School could have been better. My years in elementary and middle were fine.
The Teachers at Longview High School Genuinely care for their students. They focus on after high school plans, which is very much needed. Although there could be information put out early for the Upcoming Seniors that would be great.
Review Longview Independent School District
What I liked about Longview Independent School District(LISD), are the teachers, sport availability, extracurricular activities, prep for college readiness and the diversity of expressing each and every different type of ethnicity at that school. The teachers are generally very friendly and engaging in the subjects I have had the opportunity to participate. They offer Dual-Credit College courses allowing you to gain hours before even entering college. Next, Longview offers a large range of sports high-schoolers can participate in including golf, tennis, swimming, and several others. There is literally multiple options as to what you want to do. Lastly, Longview Independent School District is a very diverse school district, with all kinds of different cultures brought from all over, we have had kids from Cuba, from other states, Oklahoma, Louisiana. Regardless, there are many new possibilities to experience at LISD, that is if you're willing to give it a chance.
My experience at Longview high school was very fun im sad that that it had to come to an end. Everything about this school is great and I also had some really great friends who made it better throughout my four years there. We had some ups and downs as a school but we always managed to get through it and that is what I like about my school. Some things I would like see change about Longview high school is the food our food is not that good and nobody really eats it. Another thing i would like to see change is the bathrooms there they are not that clean and it stinks but if we do those things we will have the perfect school. That is my experience at Longview high school.
I am currently enrolled in Longview High School. When I first moved to Longview Texas I attended Mozelle Johnston Elementary school, currently called Johnston-Mcqueen. From Mozelle I went to Hudson PEP, then to Foster, and finally to Longview High. The teachers have been supportive and motivating throughout my entire educationa career. Administrators are easy, and welcoming to talk to about any problems, and the school offers a multitude of classes and clubs to open students eyes to different experiences, and careers to explore after high school.
Many people in the area complain about the school saying that it is or has issues. My experience has been that there are many opportunities in the school to succeed. LISD tries very hard to be ahead of the trends offering many dual credit and technical skills training at the high school.
The things I like about Longview is that the teachers are there for you no matter what kind of situation it is and will help you get through it. I also love the way they get you ready for college, such as having many meetings about how different college is from high school and how much harder the teachers/ professors will be on you. I love the variety of sports they offer us, and how good the coaches are. Longview High School is very safe and makes sure none of us gets hurt.
Communication and respect between students and teachers definitely needs improvement. While I'm thankful for the education I received there, I feel like several of the teachers detest their careers and their students. I spent my junior and senior year in dual credit, so I was prepared for the university.
Longview High School is one of the best high schools in East Texas when it comes to academics and sports. They have one of the best I.B. schools which is where I attended in my high school days and it prepared for college. I do however wish to see a change in the amount of courses they could offer. They have a great selection but I always wanted a program that would prepare me for the veterinarian field like the program they had for the medical field which is one of their best programs as well as many others that they offer.