Livingston Board of Education School District Reviews

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the learning experience in the Livingston Public School System. Of course you have one or two teachers who you would have rather not had but for the most part there are amazing teachers and opportunities for the students to excel.
Pretty good experience, it was a pretty safe place with lots of after school activities and electives. I wasn't really involved in the clubs at LHS but I know that the school always provided students with a lot to do. The sports teams are pretty great too, the football team is the only one that gets a lot of hype although they really aren't that great. We haven't won a game in all my 4 years of school there.
Start Your Review of Livingston Board of Education School District
Overall, Livingston is a good environment for kids to grow up in. There are lots of clubs and sports to join as well as several good teachers.
I enjoyed the great teaching and programs provided by the Livingston Board of Education. There were great teachers and administration that helped along the way. The only problem that I came across in my years is that at times when reasoning with the administration, at times the logic of the student and viewpoint will win over the administrator, but instead of exonerating the student of their punishment it is carried out because "something has to be done."
The Livingston School District does a good job of educating their students at all levels in my opinion. In my experience the teachers that I have had had all been great educators. They do a great job of educating me on the subjects that are taught in school and I love it for that. But just like every other school district it’s not perfect. The campus for the high school could use some work and the school spirit is horrendous. Also just like every other school the kids aren’t perfect either. But overall it’s a great school district.
LPS is full of great teachers and faculty, along with excellent lessons and programs that push kids to reach their fullest potential. The district also gives a vast amount of opportunities to be part of clubs and sports teams.
I thought the Livingston Public Schools provided a quality education that prepared me for college and my career. It prepared me for when I completed my undergraduate degree and now I am pursuing my master's in a specialized field in education. The teachers and counseling staff constantly checked in on my progress and made sure I stayed on track in terms of college searching and for graduation.
I am a high school senior that moved to Livingston High School my freshman year. I have loved all the resources I have at the school including the guidance counselors, and the technology help provided at the school. The sports are also amazing since we raise our own funds and are able to travel for games. The school is also very clean and helpful.
Very good teachers, but administration doesn't seem to care much about student's happiness. Teachers are mostly very passionate and truly care about their students.
I entered the Livingston School District in 8th grade from Hong Kong. The Livingston schools are well-equipped and all administration and teachers are dedicated to the education the bettering of their students. I am very grateful for the education I received at Livingston High School and will be attending University of Pennsylvania next fall.
In general, I would say this school is challenging. Even if you take CP, the classes are really hard: this is mainly because of the teachers who bombard the students with homework and assessments. This caused me a lot of stress because it got really overwhelming really quickly since it all piles up. However, if you take advantage of it the academics are really great although it is really competitive. Something also of note is the student body. This school is very cliquey which makes it hard to make friends and maintain a good social life along with the mass amounts of work. Also, the guidance department isn't that helpful especially surrounding the topic of college applications. This makes everything very hard. The only good thing I would say about this school is the academics and some teachers who were willing to spend time to really help the student.
I really like the teachers at my school. The music program is very good. The cafeteria food could be better.
Livingston Board of Education offers a variety of courses and clubs that make it easy to find your interests early. In addition, the course work is challenging and prepares their students for college life. Being a freshman in college, a lot of my peers struggle with study skills and time management. I am grateful that Livingston Public Schools well prepared me with the tools necessary to ease the transition from High School to College.
I found teachers, staff, administration as well as parents to be arrogant and condescending. Many cliques exist. If you are not friends with parents, chances are your child will be an outsider too. On my child's first day in kindergarten, no one would make eye contact with me. Everyone was too preoccupied with themselves and their phones to have a face to face conversation. It was really unfortunate for my child who was excluded by teachers, administrators as well as parents. We never fit in. My child was miserable and unhappy and so were we!!!!!The school district is huge. They herd children like cattle and everyone is expected to be the same. If you are different or have a different way of learning, this is not the school district for you. My child now attends a school which values creativity, gives a multitude of opportunities not just for a select few but for anyone who is willing to work hard. And most important my child feels successful and is happy!!!!
Overall the atmosphere in Livingston was well rounded. One thing that I can see change is the quality of teachers. The teachers were very biased toward certain students which changed the overall performance and grading.
Challenging academics and classes. The teachers are friendly and helpful. The technology is advanced and all students are issued a laptop. There are a lot of different electives from which to choose.
Start Your Review of Livingston Board of Education School District
Overall, my experience at LHS has been a little stressful. I know the future these academically challenging classes with benefit me, but there are a lot. There is also a lot of competition in the school, which can create a stressful environment for some kids. Besides that, I yhink It’s a great school with great teachers who really want their students to succeed.
Livingston High School has prepared me for my future and find my path. Without my many classes of graphic design and art I would not have found my passion.
I have had a wonderful 12 years in the Livingston Public Schools system. My education has been pristine and I am offered a variety of courses to further my knowledge in areas I'd like to pursue in the future. The schools have all been very inclusive, I have had many opportunities within each school to participate in sports, clubs, and other organizations. All the teachers I've had have been extremely helpful and help me maintain my education. I honestly don't have any complaints about the district as I am completely satisfied.