Lexington County School District No. 1 Reviews

Great teacher involvement in Elementary and Middle schools but drops off at High School level. Really love safe environment in all schools. Great communication with parents. High School staff seems less involved with students and this is a little disappointing.
I really enjoyed the area and how each school was kept up nicely. The teachers especially at white knoll I believe are some of the best teachers, they are very well educated and have a passion in teaching kids about academics and life choices, which is very important in life as we age. I think this district could improve by making these schools safer, because with all the events that have recently occurred I think its best do everything in our power to ensure the absolute safety of the children and staff at each school.
Lexington District 1 has a lot of resources for their students. They have award winning educational programs and standardized test results. Their programs give students preparation for the real world. They also have good athletic programs and a wide variety of clubs and groups to participate in. They value education and have a warm and welcoming environment in every school.
Start Your Review of Lexington County School District No. 1
The atmosphere of Lexington school district 1 is amazing! The teachers are encouraging and the community is awesome!
LCSD1 challenges its students, as well as teachers and other faculty members, to always strive to be the best they can be.
I have no comment...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Lexington High School has exceptional opportunities to grow in all areas: academics, music and the arts, and sports. They have an exceptional faculty and staff who are dedicated to helping students reach their goals.
I like the connections and overall academic readiness I've achieved. It is not very diverse and the food is horrible. I don't have a lot of creative room to explore but the staff are amazing.
Lexington County School District No. 1 is an excellent school district to be a part of. I currently attend Gilbert High School and I am proud to say that my school and school district has does many things for their students and faculty. The school district allows a relationship regarding academics and education related topics to be fair and very professional. I have loved being a part of this school district, it has been a great experience.
I like the facilities and the staff at River Bluff school. I think some areas of improvement could be administration and how they are too strict on students.
I recently moved to Lexington 1 and it is a big change from Texas where everything was small, I currently go to River Bluff High School it is a very friendly and sound environment. Versus what I was use to with the loud and crazy people. I appreciate everything Lexington 1 has done for me it has been great to be here for the year that I have learned and the things I will learn.
There are many opportunities within my school to earn college credits for free, including AP classes, duel enrollment courses and an IB program.
Schools are pretty good here! Students are expected to live up to high expectations, which as a current student is a little difficult. The district can be a little showy at times and just care about test scores.
Great school district. Supportive of students and promoting education. Great faculty and staff, they really want to help the kids learn.
It is a great district with great technology and a good learning environment. The teachers always offer support and want the best for students. I have been able to participate in sports and a job due to the flexibility of my teachers.
There isn't much diversity and there is little motivation for the students. Some of the teachers don't put in very much effort teaching and there are a lot of stupid bureaucratic rules.
I graduated from Lexington High School in Lexington County School District No. 1 in 2017. I enjoyed my teachers and playing athletics there. They did well keeping us safe. They didn't really give us that much freedom though, or allow us to be creative. The cafeteria food was also sub par, however the cafeteria staff was great.
Start Your Review of Lexington County School District No. 1
We have a good variety of AP classes. We are the IB center and the Lexington Technology Center has good tech classes. The academics are some of the highest in the state. While we have a pretty good soccer and cheerleading team, the other sports are pretty bad. Also, the building is old and ugly compared to River Bluff.
I like that my district is a little diverse and doesn't have more of one race than another. I would like to see the school district crack down more on students with drug use. Instead of just expelling them try to connect with the student and see why they did it in the first place. As well as get them help.
Excellent school district that cares about students success. They are considered one of the top school districts in the state and when I moved there a could tell there was a considerable difference between LSD1 and other school districts.