Lexington County School District No. 1 Reviews

Great school district. Overall, great experience. Great teachers! Awesome technology center for Health Science careers introduction.
The opportunities that are readily available and the challenging academic environment. The teachers truly want their students to be successful, but also to enjoy being in the classroom. Them encouraging students to step outside their comfort zone to expand knowledge.
I love this district. It has many more oputunities than the district I was previously in. One thing that I believe needs to change is the social and cultural diversity of the staff and students.
Start Your Review of Lexington County School District No. 1
Overall, my high school experience has been pleasant and memorable due to not only the high quality of academics at LHS but also the teacher-student relationships I have built throughout my years there. There is always chances to take challenging classes taught by intelligent teachers which I enjoy. I was able to meet new people and try new activities because of the many opportunities for involvement at LHS. On the contrary, sometimes I personally feel that the administrators try to be involved too much and end up turning students away from them. Also, I felt that the set up of our scheduling was not always ideal for many reasons. Even with these few minor disadvantages that I feel about my school, I still believe that it is a great place for me to grow up and learn about not only academics but life; I am grateful to have been able to have such an amazing high school experience because of Lexington School District 1.
I grew up in Lexington County School District 1, from elementary school all the way through high school. The academics, teachers and program were brilliant- that is up until high school. River Bluff was my designated school and everything was excellent besides the disciplinary staff. The way in which students negative behavior is handled must change in order for River Bluff to run efficiently. My overall experience was very good, with no shootings, stabbings, or major obstacles holding me back from reaching my full academic potential.
The schools in Lexington School District One are good schools. Although they are good schools — they are clean and the education is up to par — the teachers and the principals are not as good as I hoped they would be.
I liked that the curriculum was challenging, and that help was available to those who sought it. However I wish there was more diversity in my school, and more of an effort to include and pay attention everyone, including clubs and less popular sports. I would also like better fine arts programs.
They are very serious about getting students ready for college with their curriculum, and that is very good way to give students some insight as to what college will consist of.
Great teacher involvement in Elementary and Middle schools but drops off at High School level. Really love safe environment in all schools. Great communication with parents. High School staff seems less involved with students and this is a little disappointing.
I really enjoyed the area and how each school was kept up nicely. The teachers especially at white knoll I believe are some of the best teachers, they are very well educated and have a passion in teaching kids about academics and life choices, which is very important in life as we age. I think this district could improve by making these schools safer, because with all the events that have recently occurred I think its best do everything in our power to ensure the absolute safety of the children and staff at each school.
Lexington District 1 has a lot of resources for their students. They have award winning educational programs and standardized test results. Their programs give students preparation for the real world. They also have good athletic programs and a wide variety of clubs and groups to participate in. They value education and have a warm and welcoming environment in every school.
The atmosphere of Lexington school district 1 is amazing! The teachers are encouraging and the community is awesome!
LCSD1 challenges its students, as well as teachers and other faculty members, to always strive to be the best they can be.
I have no comment...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Lexington High School has exceptional opportunities to grow in all areas: academics, music and the arts, and sports. They have an exceptional faculty and staff who are dedicated to helping students reach their goals.
I like the connections and overall academic readiness I've achieved. It is not very diverse and the food is horrible. I don't have a lot of creative room to explore but the staff are amazing.
Lexington County School District No. 1 is an excellent school district to be a part of. I currently attend Gilbert High School and I am proud to say that my school and school district has does many things for their students and faculty. The school district allows a relationship regarding academics and education related topics to be fair and very professional. I have loved being a part of this school district, it has been a great experience.
Start Your Review of Lexington County School District No. 1
I like the facilities and the staff at River Bluff school. I think some areas of improvement could be administration and how they are too strict on students.
I recently moved to Lexington 1 and it is a big change from Texas where everything was small, I currently go to River Bluff High School it is a very friendly and sound environment. Versus what I was use to with the loud and crazy people. I appreciate everything Lexington 1 has done for me it has been great to be here for the year that I have learned and the things I will learn.
There are many opportunities within my school to earn college credits for free, including AP classes, duel enrollment courses and an IB program.