Leonard Independent School District Reviews

Leonard ISD is a school that I highly do not recommend for students. I attended Leonard schools for 13 years and each year the teachers got worse. The teachers spend most of their time on their cellphones rather than getting up and teaching. The teachers aboslutely do not care about the students education. I am curently a senior and my teachers do not even grade our homework. They simply give everyone a 95 without even looking at our homework. Leonard ISD is more focused on sports. They spend so much on sports. I think teachers who actually cared about teaching should be hired and not just hire anyone just because they seem like a good teacher. Teachers should be supervised without knowing once in a while so principals can actually see who they have as “teachers.” Parents should get more involved in this school district and ensure their students are receaving the education they need for the future. Overall, I do not recommend this school district.
My experience with LISD has been a very good time. The school spirit is great and teachers as well. What I like to see changed is i want more academic options, more honors and AP classes for the upcoming students.
I can't say I liked Leonard High School, but who can say they liked their high school. I just wish that the coaches would stay coaches because I didn't like seeing people who shouldn't of passed, pass. I don't like how we move kids on just to never see them again, I know their are kids that don't do anything on purpose, but their are actually kids that struggle.
Start Your Review of Leonard Independent School District
Excellent all around........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Leonard ISD is a very small school with limited classes and not much potential for anyone wanting to do extra classes. Passing classes is easy because most teachers care more about the athletics program rather than actual academics.
Leonard is a great place to go to school. The teachers genuinely care about your success, and will do whatever they can to help you succeed. Along with the great teachers, the students are also very friendly. I have made lifelong friends while in attendance at Leonard High School.
The grades rarely exceed 60 people. Most teachers care about the student's future. The curriculum moves slowly in the sciences. There are only Honors classes. Sadly, Honors is more of a title with little diffrence.