Lee County Public Schools Reviews

I've spent my entire school life here in Lee County Public School's. I've been around some good and bad schools. The school has good classes and opportunities but could use some help in its administration and teachers.
My school was very focus on getting kids to work for a grade rather then get any learning out of school.
We just received a administrative change, with also 22 new teachers. There has been a lot of change, good, safe, but bad change. They have cared more about our students life, but treat us like prisoners. I know all their trying to do is keep us safe, but that change can’t stop anything.
Start Your Review of Lee County Public Schools
Every school has it's ups and downs. A change in the school campuses themselves is definitely needs. Some schools in lee county do not have proper working air conditioning for these hot summer days. But besides the common things like school lunches or more funding, everything was alright. Mostly great teachers and staff.
I like the programs and opportunities they have such as Dual Enrollment to get a head start on college.
The schools are not very safe, but they are making changes for the better by securing entry points, practicing safety drills, and placing law enforcement officers in the schools. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of students, as well as parents, seem to care about a quality educational experience. For those they offer IB, advanced placement classes, and dual enrollment opportunities. The majority of students, however, have little interest in academics and quite often come late to school or don't bother to come at all. While poor parenting is likely the root cause, administration does have punishment guidelines in place, but seldom enforces. Teachers then become frustrated with the situation and standards sadly decline. The Lee County School District has implemented many things that should propel it to the top, but due to the lack of interest by students, parents, administration, and some teachers, it will never be better than average, and quite possibly below.
The ese classroom my daughter attends at Sunshine is horrible! Huge turnover for teachers, they hire anyone, unprofessional (some) staff , staff on cellphones at playground, my daughters iep isn’t being followed and hadn’t even been implemented this year! The only thing they care about at that school is bi and gen ed. No support for my child. I’ll be pulling her out ASAP. Very disappointing!
I am a senior (finally!) at Estero High School in Lee County. My experiences these last few years have been mostly positive. No high school is perfect, but Estero is, I believe, one of the best high schools in the area. The majority of the students are awesome, friendly, helpful, I have made life long friends! What makes Estero special is it is an all-around school. They have a very dedicated theater program along with marching band, orchestra, ROTC program, medical program, many clubs for everyone, career center, and college preparation (started 2 years ago) department - which has been most helpful especially for me this year. The one thing I would change about Estero High School is the start time from 7:05am to an hour later at 8:05am. We could use that extra hour of sleep! It may even help improve our grades.
good teaching overall. the schools are clean with very intelligent, well behaved teachers who deserve all respect and appreciation . i went to the school and i liked it. it was diverse with many different peoples of nationalities
Honestly wasn't a fan of the some of the decisions made by this county. They would constantly throw proctored assessments at us, as if we weren't in rigorous classes, and weren't considerate of the work their own teachers would plan out for the students.
My experience in south fort myers high school was pretty good. I would have liked if there where a cooking class in this school it would have been a much better experience there.
I can say that I had a great experience at Lehigh senior high school I fell educate and they make me believe in myself it’s a A+ school and I really like it
I liked how it was very diverse and how the schools cane together during sports and how a lot of the schools felt like home and a family but i would like to see the way administration teaches change and actually want to teach their children and give them the grade they earned not because they are worried about getting paid good so they pass everybody just because. Kids will never learn in that since of manner .
I have learned a lot going through the Lee county school district. I have excelled and will continue to grow because of the teachers and the schools.
The school itself was okay but I was not a very popular student and that socially went against me at every possible moment. The teachers are nice but they always got rid of the better teachers for us.
I was in the lee county school district for 12 years, A proud alumni. Though; I am proud I feel as if the Lee County School District has failed a number of their students, me being one. As a recent high school graduate it has been instilled in me since the end of my middle school years that "college will be debt free" if you apply for a great amount of scholarships, but me being that person I applied for hundreds of scholarships each year but as I look at my peers I see those who has worked hard- like myself, struggling for money to attend college. Where student athletes with just a minor 2.0 GPA go to college debt free. I feel as if every school district should have a way where those who Shows hard work book-wise will receive money even if it's just for a text book.
Not enough emphasis on the arts and music. Way too obsessed with sports.
School choice is Ridiculous
On the positive side I think the schools administratora are willing to work with students if there are special
Needs or circumstances.
There are some teachers awho are very caring and dedicated
Start Your Review of Lee County Public Schools
The involvement of teachers/ administrators in the overall outcome of your learning experience is EXCELLENT.
They should change how the teachers work, hire teachers who really teach. Instead of buying so much merchandise for schools, help with the environment of the school.
I believe the Lee County Public School system should offer more help to students regarding college before the second semester of their senior year.