Laurel Highlands School District Reviews

I have seen a lot of change in Laurel Highlands over the last several years. My son, who has special needs, received a lot of care and attentiveness from his teachers. There were a few that could try harder, but what school district doesn't have that. The school was always beautifully decorated for the holidays. The teachers did a great job with the trunk or treat and family reading night activities. Overall, this was a great place for my son to attend. Unfortunately, we moved out of the district and really miss the great people.
The faculty members are very nice and helpful. Many of them will go out of their way in order to help their students. The school itself could use some work and some of the policies are ridiculous.
I just graduated Junior High at Laurel Highlands Junior High Last year, It is a horrible sichool I do NOT reccomend this Public School, I got bullied , pushed, physically pushed and thrown into lockers, and got tripped all the time, also this school is NOT LGBTQ friendly! I was transgender there and had nobody. even the admidistration bullied and didn't accept for who I really was ( male to female) , I self-harmed in the school, and a girl just started laughing at me. I DO NOT RECCOMEND LAUREL HIGHLANDS! ( THIS IS ALL THE TRUTH )!
Start Your Review of Laurel Highlands School District
I loved how helpful my guidance counselor was and how all of my teachers taught. Their AP classes were challenging and really prepared me for what I face being a junior in college!
Laurel Highlands has an energetic, caring faculty - teachers, administrators, and other staff members all great individuals. I mostly enjoyed the music program at Laurel Highlands: the passion, new and practical facilities, and size.
Laurel Highlands was a very accepting kind of school; however, they could give their students more opportunities than they do now. Focus on giving the children a better future instead of focusing on things that aren't necessarily relevant.
My four years at laurel highlands were excellent. All of my teachers were very welcoming and helpful for preparing me for college. Everyone there is super nice and no one bothers you. There are plenty of opportunities to get help from teachers, they are always willing to help.
As a parent as well as an alumnus, I am happy to say my child attends Laurel Highlands SD. I strongly believe in education, you get out of it, what you put into it.
I graduated from laurel highlands highschool in 2016. This is a very good school district and they have a lot of social interactment such as: clubs, sports, and after school activities. When I was attending laurel highlands I participated in sports such as: track and cross country and I did not regret it one bit. You get to make new friends and be socially active. This is a very good school district.
I liked that Laurel Highlands had a great art program and other extra curriculars. I would like to see the change of not worrying so much about the Keystone Test
I went to this school district starting in 5th grade. At the time this school district was a little ways above average, then slowly started becoming a below overage kind of place. The schools themselves were old and needed a remodel. Shortly after I entered the highschool, the district got a grant for remodeling. The renovations seer completed after I had graduated. The academics fluctuated between good and bad, it depended on the teacher really.... Overall it's just a modern day school district trying to keep up with the rapidly changing economy that surrounds it.
Over all Laurel Highlands is a pretty good District. Some might say the best. But I myself cannot say if so. I have never attended another district. Not too much that I can complain about. Like every school there are the cliche group of kids, preps\jocks etc. But that's everywhere, the rules are reasonable. At times they got a bit more strict with the dress code, for the girls. Along with that was phone usage. But all in all it was okay.
As a recently graduated student of Laurel Highlands School District, I begin to reflect on my time and realize how much I truly enjoyed my experience there. Being in a public school district was one of the things that I enjoyed the most, because it allowed me to see people of different opinions than my own and how to work and cooperate with them in despite of that. A thing that I would like to see change within the school is preparing us more for SATs and other required tests to improve our testing scores.
My overall experience at Laurel Highlands was just ok. I wouldn't say it was the great High School experience that I saw in movies. But it was more lame and uptight. Everyone cared about drama and social media and never did the work they were assigned. Popularity and how much money you have determines how important you are. The maturity is few to none.
Teachers and the learning process definitely need refreshed and reviewed for improvement. It was not a pleasant place to be.
My experience at Laurel Highlands School District is one I will never forget. It was by far the most enriching years of my life. From kindergarten to my senior year, i was educated by excellent teachers in a beautiful school and scholastic environment. Without the impact of Laurel Highlands on my life, I would not be the person I am today. There is however, a lack of clubs in the school which could be improved by participation of more students. The teachers and students work diligently together to ensure success. I am thankful for my experience at Laurel Highlands School District.
I've had an overall positive experience during my time at LH. I've had a total of 2 teachers that weren't so great, but the rest were very good and significantly contributed to my education. They were helpful and seem to care about their students. My guidance counsellors were helpful through middle and high school. The gifted program helped me accelerate through high school, and my gifted teacher from middle school continues to be a mentor to me after middle school. I am glad I attended LH, and I'm proud to be a Mustang!
Start Your Review of Laurel Highlands School District
my high school experience at laurel highlands was very enjoyable. i made great memories with my friends that i will cherish and hold onto for the rest of my life. i like that most teachers are eager and willing to help their students succeed. yes, there is a lot of busy work to do which i am not really a fan of but the teachers enjoy getting to help a student. one thing that i don't like is our administration is very closed off to new ideas suggested by our student council. whenever a new topic occurs about changing something the board will just change the rule to make it worse and force teachers to enforce them even more.
I like that Laurel Highlands pushes me - as a student - to become me and a good version of what colleges would like to see in a future college student. Bomb threats are slimming down, there were four in a matter of nine weeks.
The beginning of high school was not all that fun. However, the more that went on around me the more I enjoyed it. My friends and peers will be greatly missed along with all my extra curricular activities. I will definitely miss some of my teachers. One thing that would have been better would be a few of my teachers. These few teachers did little to help me understand the class.