Lamar R-I School District Reviews

small town community, very close. great teachers staff. small class sizes, a little behind in technology and keeping students on the cutting edge. very good votech department, lots great class in votech that help you prepare for careers. wide variety of opportunities in A plus scholarships for local colleges and trade schools. Older buildings and school classes not run down by any means but old construction, the outside of the building could use a facelift and the playgrounds for the small children is in need of updating and improving.
Lamar R-1 School District is as pretty average as any other school around. They focus around academics and sports. Lamar Missouri is known for winning 7 football State games. The teachers their are willing to help students achieve in high school and prepare us for college.
Lamar is a fabulous example of the word "community." We are a small town, which means everyone knows everyone. Collectively, this is good. Students look out for each other, help each other and truly care about each other. We've won a RECORD 7 STRAIGHT state football championships. The atmosphere our community brings to our post-season games rivals many colleges. It is awesome!
Start Your Review of Lamar R-I School District
Overall a good school, teachers are very nice, and will challenge you. Most are willing to work with you if you are willing to put in some effort
I've went to Lamar my whole K through 12 of schooling and it was pretty good. Through my school I've made several friends, been apart of team and clubs, and have have learned a lot from the teachers.
They have really good teachers. Their sports teams are excellent and have very good sportsmanship. They focus a lot on sports but they also focus a lot on academics.
I graduated from Lamar High School in 2012, and it was the best four years of my life. I met my best friends there and I was prepared for college as well as possible. The teachers were some of the best I have ever had and I still am in contact with several of them still to this day.