Lamar Consolidated Independent School District Reviews

The teachers and staff have done a lot to help me with my autism and ADHD over the years. I wouldn't change anything.
What I like about Lamar Consolidated School District is how diverse the student and administrator atmosphere is and how teachers and staff always find a way to make the school year exciting by implementing engaging activities as well as opportunities to meet new people and get to know your fellow classmates. Although, I do hope that the student body can learn to be more spirited and positive in a way that would make anyone in our school district feel welcomed and cared for.
Churchill Fulshear High School is safe, well-staffed, and friendly welcoming all persons regardless of race, gender, religion, or political beliefs. The school's students are heavily involved in the community and volunteer work. The staff are well educated and look to positively impact and motivate their students.
Start Your Review of Lamar Consolidated Independent School District
There is nothing I would change about Lamar Consolidated Independent School District. The superintendent is so awesome and progressive. The schools are neat and clean. The principals are knowledgeable and open. The teachers are supportive and fun!
It's good so far. The staff are nice and they make sure students are okay and all set with the classes they need to have. Sports are very good because they entertain new people that wants to join the team
The Lamar independent school district is a great school district because all of my teachers were helpful and patient. The school work is challenging but if you study and stay focused you will achieve good grades! LCISD helps me get on the right career path for college. The security of the school is great especially at school events after hours. There are many different types of classes offered in the school district which is great for kids to decide what field they want to go towards in the future. The clubs and activities are run very well in the district as well as sports.
Great teachers, faculty, and environment to learn and grow. Wouldn't have attended anywhere else given to choice.
LCISD is a great school system to raise your children in. The quality of academic and athletic programs is superb. The schools provide a quality education to become the leaders of the future.
The thing that I enjoined about LCISD is that there are many activities to help students including tutorials, sports, etc. I would like to see a change in the amount of students participating. Maybe more advertising and posters for them to see would help.
lamar used to be the bad school but now is seen as a place to grow and finish your high school education.
I have been in the district all my schooling life. I enjoyed the clubs I was in and the teachers and advisors I had. It's an overall friendly place where many of the students have known each other for years. I would recoomend this district to any parent. They have even changed safety regulations to ensure your child is safe throughout the school year
The staff is great and always willing to help. In this district everyone does their best to try and help students. The only issue I honestly wish was fixed was the budget placement. I watched 2 new sets of calculators get purchased, yet no one knew how to use them. On the other hand, I have had to take classes with the textbook to student ratio being 1/2 to 1. And in others there weren't even the right textbooks. Great district when it comes to staff, but like everything could improve in some areas.
The school district is constantly expanding their educational means for students, along with using contemporary teaching methods and technology.
All in all, the school itself is fine- the walls are up and the building is running.However, the discrimination against people of color and especially towards the girls is very evident at Foster and I hope and pray that the students continue fighting this fight.
I feel as the student body is not involved in activities as much as they could be. For a school to truly be a school it needs to have a culture. The students need to be interconnected so they can truly thrive with each other.
As a parent with a senior and two elementary children, our experience has had it's ups and downs. There is a huge age gap between them so things have changed and it's either been for the better or not much change at all. My biggest issue, the cafeteria food. I figured with the new "healthy" gig it would be better but I was almost in tears watching some of the children not eat or pick at their food during lunch. It's definitely nothing like the food we had in school. There is also not a lot of parent involvement...while there is some not as much as you would think.
LCISD is an average school district. It is not particularly decorated for high standing achievements academically or athletics wise in recent years. When it is presented with an issue, this district crates policies that temporarily solve it, but in the long run the policy seemingly does nothing. It is well known that in lamar high school classrooms are missing textbooks and well working laptops and in the progressive movement towards the inclusion of technology in everyday education, the lack of resources severely lessens the chance for success. Even with these faults, no serious misdemeanor has been the sole cause of the district. The schools have a lively environment and good college preparation. The AP courses have well versed proffesors teaching with only some outliers.
Start Your Review of Lamar Consolidated Independent School District
Lamar Consolidated independent school district is the best district in the entire world. The teachers are all amazing people.
I like my school because this school is very diverse but I would love my school to start being better at announcing important stuff on the announcments.
I've attended three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school in the district and have had a great experience at all of them. This district is growing so fast, it's hard to keep up with building schools to keep up with the growth. New schools max out quickly and need to add temporary buildings to handle enrollment. Other than that, it's a great school district!