Lake Pend Oreille School District Reviews

The elementary teachers have been amazing. The elementary principals have been amazing. The bus drivers have been amazing. The Middle School could show some improvement. I believe they need twice as many teachers and counselors, it is a difficult age for young boys. The transition for the kids from elementary to middle school needs to be smoother. The high school has a good mix of teachers. The choir teacher and the choir program is the best in the area. And the counselors are amazing. The drama department is full of fun opportunities. I hate the parking situation at the high school. You buy a parking pass and it is first come. So, a low income family, that might struggle to save that 20 dollars for a parking pass is out of luck, because they are all gone. Then to top it off, if your student parks there anyway, because its a public school, you will get a 20 dollar ticket. And even though you have 2 high schoolers on the waiting list for a parking pass, you never get the call.
The atmosphere of Sandpoint high school is toxic. But as I have not attended any other high schools, I assume it is an average school
I feel that more programs should be offered to help Students who are struggling or have learning disabilities. I feel like some teachers move to fast and the students who struggle get left behind. I also feel like teachers should be more compassionate about students personal issue and be more willing to help them. They also need to take a different approach to students who participate in underage drinking and drug use.
Start Your Review of Lake Pend Oreille School District
This is my third high school. For a medium sized high school its not bad. The kids are friendly and have made me feel welcome. It helped that I played sports. I didn't think I would enjoy the block schedule but have come to enjoy it. I think this is a great opportunity for kids to have the chance to take more classes and really get an idea of what they would like to do in the future. The counselors have been great at offering assistance filling out the FAFSA and scholarships.
Lake Pend Oreille School District is a highly supporting school. They treat both their staff and their students with great respect.
I appreciate that they push their students to achieve, but feel they forget the human side of being a teenager and the amount of home work given is often overwhelming.
I have 4 kids currently in the school district. I'd like to see more fundraisers, more volunteer opportunities, more family events. Some of the staff are really well trained, appreciative and supportive, while others are not so much.
The teachers are hands on and willing to work with every student when hey need help. There are many activities to help everyone be involved in school activities. And everyone is friends with everyone.
I feel for a small community and school, they offer a number of opportunities for the students. There are a number of different options for the students and chances to take advanced classes to humanity classes, PTE, to health education classes.