La Grange Independent School District Reviews

THE SPECIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT WAS EXCELLENT AND THE OVERALL TEACHER AND STAFF WERE EXCELLENT AND THE EDUCATION STYLE WAS OLD AND SMALL CLASS ROOMS BUT IT WAS MORE OF A ONE ON ONE WITH STUDENTS NO HIGH TECH GADGETS ALLOWED IN CLASSROOM ( CELL PHONES) WELL NOT BEING TURNED ON
La Grange Independent School District is definitely a school that stands out. Even after a terrible sport season, this school will continue to show their pride in their colors and teammates regardless of the score. The teachers at La Grange get to know each student on a respectable personal level, taking note on how some students need different learning methods than other students. No one is left out. If I were to change one thing about this school district, it would be to raise awareness to kids who are behind in credits, because our methods of catching up are incredibly tedious, and students may need extra guidance in this area.
There are many things that I am thankful for including where I went to high school. One thing that I love about La Grange is how small it is. I like knowing almost everyone I walk past in my school hallways. I also love how when our city was suffering great losses from Hurricane Harvey, lots of the kids and teachers were out there helping everyone. This shows that teachers here aren’t just caring at school but also outside of school. Honestly, my experience as a La Grange leopard was pretty great. Teachers here that will stay extra hours, without complaining, to help me understand their subject. Most importantly, memories that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Even though my time as a leopard is almost up, I will always be a one at heart. I wouldn’t change a thing about this school because if I would, it would change something about me too. I’ve been blessed to have gone to La Grange since I was in kindergarten, and I will miss it with all my heart.
Start Your Review of La Grange Independent School District
I've attended LGISD since my Pre-K year. I've always had a great relationship with my teachers and the other staff members. The only thing I would change about this school is where to spend the budget. It's been focused on playgrounds and new equipment, and I believe it should have been spent on the buildings by fixing leaks and controlling areas where mold could grow.
Its education isn't were it should be and it has a bad issue with bulling even some staff does so as well the extra-circulars are underfunded but the sports and the take some of the funds form other extra-curricular are given to the sports.
The material covered is relevant and necessary for standardized tests offered. Faculty and staff get to know students. Only issue is not many clubs for other students to participate in and little diversity.
I loved my time at La Grange High School. I would love to continue to see their involvement with UIL flourish. It is a wonderful community filled with school pride. The teachers are absolutely incredible. They encourage students in every aspect and push them to their full potential.
LGISD is made of small schools in a small community, so there is no social hierarchy between upperclassmen and lowerclassmen, which is nice. LGISD has room for improvement in every other way. Teachers care little about teaching in general & test AP classes over movies & let them sit on their phones 1/2 the class period. The HS is focused on sports and care little about academics, building million dollar football stadiums, but leave every other department with a dearth of resources or in non-existence (theatre). LGISD's biggest flaw is in their inability to help students who need it most. Anyone who need academic assistance, such as special needs students or those who aren't academically inclined, are left in the dust with nearly no one to help them, either failing classes or having teachers pass them despite learning nothing, because teachers don't care if they learn, as long as these students can be passed off to be someone else's problem, depriving them of education.
I would like to see diversity and more academic support. Sports not including football, should see more support.
Overall, it's a great school. Rules are sorta strict. Football season is a big thing and almost everybody supports it.
Over the years I have come to learn to love our high school. Going to a small school has many advantages, for example being very connected with teachers and staff, having a close/small class, and getting to be involved in many things because there are a lot of spots open. La grange high school has a wonderful education program and the teachers are phenomenal. La Grange is also a very diverse school there is not just one big group of ethnicities, there is a variety of people. La Grange also prepares you for college readiness in many ways. They help you get ready for AP exams, let you enroll in dual credit at Blinn College, and help you with scholarships and choosing were you want to go. At La Grange I always feel safe. There is a school cop always on grounds and we have cameras everywhere, our school doors are locked all the time and you have to ring a doorbell to get into the school. La grange is a wonderful school.