La Grande School District Reviews

The community is good. There are events quite often. There are monthly school board meetings. I have heard complaints that some of the schools are a little dirty. technology wise we have started upgrading every year. At the high school there are Chromebooks for each section of the school. We have electronic reader boards and updated clocks and speaker systems. The teachers, staff, and administration have been working more and more towards helping the students feel accepted and loved. Personally I believe the biggest problem in our school district is the fact that we are still very conservative. People still have some problems with the LGBTQ+ communities, so those students are always represented or accepted like they should be,
I loved the homey feel and atmosphere of the la grande school district. I believe that because of the loving nurturing atmosphere in which I learned in this school district, I will be prepared to take on college and advance my learning even further in the future.
The teachers are very friendly, and most truly care about the welfare (intellectual and emotional) of their students. I really wish there were more advanced classes available to underclassmen.
Start Your Review of La Grande School District
Everyone is very friendly to everybody. We all help each other out especially if you don't know where a class is just ask and they will give you directions. There are lots of clubs and sports though out the year that you can join like FFA, FBLA, Mock trial, etc.. There are different pathways you can try to get on your diploma like medical ,business ,agriculture ,etc... All of the teachers are very good at explaining things and helping you if you need extra help. Also you could have a chance to go to college at Eastern Oregon University. When you go to school here you have the chance to get to know lots of people in this small community.
The bullying at this school is ridiculous. Faculty does nothing to stop it, except when they add to it.
Teachers are great! Teacher are personal and treat students with respect. FBLA was a great club to be envoled in and I was able to go to Nationals twice due to winning state.
I've lived in La Grande all my life it is overall a fantastic place to live. The school district is managed with a good degree of accuracy. There is tensions in the schools but that is to be suspected in all schools. Parent involvement is excellent within the schools and community.