La Feria Independent School District Reviews

I have spent my whole education at La Feria isd. It is a small town where the school really cares about its students. They work well with every student and want all of their students to exceed. Even in this unprecedented time in our country right now with the corona virus they still try to teach us and are trying their hardest for the seniors to experience senior activities. One thing I would want the La Feria school district to change would probably be their way on informing their senior students on how to get ready for college or how to apply. Other than that the La Feria school district is amazing and I am glad to call myself a Lion.
La Feria they have a very hard time keeping teachers for more then one year. They do not pay attention to all the clubs that are in the high school. The teacher are always stressed especially the ones that are coaches, since they do have to stay late for practice.
The experience I had at la Feria High School was a just like a average school but they do have their flaws. Their academic programs are amazing as well as their sports and organization. its a very welcoming place in some occasions and also a very small school but still big with pride.
Start Your Review of La Feria Independent School District
Overall, it's an adequate high school although I wish they'd make more of an effort to encourage students to try to participate in extracurricular activities and inform them more on college readiness.
La Feria is a place where we can grow and find opportunities for ourselves in terms of a career. They allow us to stay connected until we are ready for college. They may not have all the resources, but they stay efficient with what they have. We always get in touch with our teachers and our counselors for any help or words of advice we need. I would like to see more students be part of the community and get involved in the extracurriculars they offer for memorable events for their high school experience. I would also like to see future students to take advantage of the dual and AP courses there because it benefits us closer to college.
La Feira ISD has a close-knit community that prides itself on its sports. Their instructors are often alumni that have returned to give back to their communities. The School has struggled to meet TEA requirements for graduating its students via exit exam. Moreover, they have had issues with students bully and administration not doing enough to protect its students. The school would be below average on academics and above average for extra curricular activities.
Overall my experience was good. The teachers are very caring and will work with you the best way they can to help you succeed. There were many teachers who would treat their classes as a college class and that honestly helped me when I got into college.
There certainly is a lot of pride for the school, but there are a few things that need to change. The teachers need to learn to actually love their jobs. Throughout my 4 years of attending this school, I only learned of 11 teachers that genuinely loved their jobs.
My experience in La Feria ISD was very good. I made great friends and had a terrific time in my classes. From learning to cook to playing the baritone, I can honestly say I will never forget my high school years.
i loved my school, it was perfect. the most favorite thing about the school is the band. i love the way they perform. an improvement i would like to see would be that they should push more of the extracurricular classes to be more within the community. fundraisers, exhibits etc... they should also have more classes based on college or real life readiness. all they do is focus on the STAAR tests.
I like that it’s a friendly school but feel as if some things can be improved. Choice of lunch & the ability to help the seniors more with scholarships and college choices
My daughter goes to David Sanchez Elementary and they do a very good job in handling her when she has her meltdowns, she has ADHD and Autism. They do a very good job with her.
I'm a Senior this year and love it there the teachers can be strict sometimes but either than that it's like home.
I love my school and everyone who attends it. There's many opportunities here at this small school that many big schools don't offer; knowing your teachers, small classes, one on one. Some things I dislike would have to be the testing.. but that's everyone's major dislike. I'd love to just do hands on projects and actually discuss and talk freely about the subjects.
The teacheese are fairly well, some better than others. It definely needs and upgrade on teaching material.