Knob Noster R-VIII School District Reviews

The diversity in the school is incredible! Knob Noster high school is by Whiteman Air Force Base, and there are new kids every year. All of the students have stories to share because of our military background. The town is small, but the community is close and highly supportive. The teachers fully engage with us and tries their absolute best to aid us with our grades. I would like to see more students partake in school activities and to participate in spirit week.
Knob Noster has up to date technology, is innovative and teaches are kids college readiness. My mom, my sister and I are all alumni and now, I have 1 child who has graduated and 3 more enrolled in Knob Noster. Each of my children have attended since kindergarten. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I grew up in and attended the Knob Noster R-VIII School District all throughout my schooling years and graduated from high school there. Overall, it was a great experience. The location next to the Air Force Base provides a constant stream of diversity into the schools. There is an elementary school on the base, but once your kids are in middle school, they all pool into the same school (both AFB and KNE kids). Knob Noster is a small town and pretty safe as well. The school pride is so strong within the community - sporting events are when everyone comes together to support their students. It has been 7 years since I graduated high school and a lot in terms of curriculum has changed (Common Core, etc.) so I can't really make an accurate review on that. If you are looking for a public school, I would greatly consider the Knob Noster School District. It is such a positive environment for the students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Start Your Review of Knob Noster R-VIII School District
I like how the school is associated with the base. I hope to see a change in the food selections that they offer the kids.
Knob Noster R-VIII School District is a very good school to enroll into. Academically the school is getting better and better each year and is getting more AP classes for the students. I would like to see some discipline change and administration not be so one sided. I loved my teachers and counselors they always helped me with whatever I needed. Although the school does focus a lot on sports
District does not care about the students or their families, but about money and reputation. Education comes second, especially if your child has a disability or struggles. High turn over and out of touch administration make for a revolving door of the same issues. Wonderful teachers end up leaving or with their hands tied...while some members of the current administration even feel comfortable lying to their parents. Seriously consider Warrensburg or Sedalia instead.
I have not had a teacher that didn't care about me, all of the teachers here are great! If you are struggling in a class, they will go out of their way any day to get you help and back on track.