Kirksville R-III School District Reviews

Kirksville Senior High School was a good experience for me. Being a band member all four years really made me feel a part of something and dual credit was a bonus. It's a great place to go to school!
My experience at the Kirksville R-3 School District was filled with lots of good and lots of bad. Starting with the positives, I always had a supportive friend group through the sports programs and played on some of the most successful teams in school history. I have had a handful of teachers that influenced my life in positive ways and have made learning a fun experience, even in subjects I disliked. Matt Kennedy, Ethan Gabel, Judy Allen, Megan Mills, and Melissa Chapman are some of the best instructors I have ever had from head to toe. On the other hand, I had my fare share of teachers that did not show enthusiasm in their teaching, and made it difficult to be in their classroom. I would also like to see the school district improve support and better education for minorities and students who experience hateful speech while in the schools. The allowance for Confederate flags over a girl with a tank top on is unacceptable and moves backward instead of making meaningful progress.
My experience at Kirksville R-III School District was actually good. Though I didn't like school, I learned so much; made a lot of friends; went out of my comfort zone on game events. I had the best teachers that were there for me. My sophomore English teacher was amazing she made class fun, we even had parties for accomplishments for when I or my classmates passed her class; when we finished and turned in every assignment for that semester/quarter. I joined Yearbook class. I was the photo editor for my Junior year then I got promoted to be the editor/photographer. I received a certificate for Publishing/Business. I have enjoyed that my confidence has gone up for me to actually speak out and ask questions when needed, without being or feeling like I'm being judged.
Start Your Review of Kirksville R-III School District
Above average for are but a small town makes for a small school. Most teachers work very hard to provide opportunities for the the students.
I liked seeing that they were working towards improving how bullying was delt with. We were also given the opportunity for dual credit through MACC. I would like to see them add an eighth hour for those of us who could not fit everything into our scheduals
Some of the worst and laziest teachers on the planet work for Kirksville schools. The sports teams and coaches are a joke . The lunches are inedible. The high school is a dump with barely any security at all. But hands’ down the worst part is that the teachers are really awful. Be prepared to teach your kids to read in primary, math and science in Middle school where they have the absolute worst math teachers, and high school is hit and miss for math and English both. Truly an awful experience with the Kirksville schools.
I have gotten to be comfortable with the school but I feel I have been screwed over. Students are not told about online classes or opportunities to test out of a class.
My experience in the Kirksville R-3 District has been a roller coaster. When it comes to students needing academic help, all hands are on deck, and there is amazing support from the staff and administrators. They have your back. But, if you make one mistake, you can be labeled as a bad student, and that can ruin your whole school career.
It's my senior year at Kirksville Senior High and I'm happy that I was given the chance of experiencing different opportunities that other schools might not have given, but KHS did. I was given the choice of taking dual credit classes which I took full advantage of and most of the teachers know how to prepare us for college and future issues that may come along.
I like Kirksville High School, because it provides me with a good education while also allowing me to have a good high school career.
A teacher gave me a bad grade for cheating(I had proof that I didn't)on our final and didn't grade it until after school was out. She stopped her email and nobody could contact her to change the grade.
I have been apart of this school district my entire life and I can say that it truly has everything. It has college prep classes in the English and Math departments and the teachers have a solid curriculum that they follow through.
They are outstanding teachers in this school that truly care about each and every child in the school. They go above and beyond to help children grow into young, educated adults. The teachers are extremely compassionate and understanding. If you go to a teacher with a concern they are willing to make accommodations to fit needs.
I love many of the teachers and faculty at my school. Many really seem to really care about their students. I don't really agree with the school policies. The students don't get much sleep because of how early school starts and I feel like the school itself cares more about money than its students and faculty. Bullying and sexual harassment isn't handled very well either.
This district was one where you knew everybody in your grade, which was nice. The only bad things about it was all the drama and bullying that happened here. Many teachers/staff members also seemed to favor the athletes here, which was really unfortunate for those who didn't participate in the sports programs.
I really enjoyed my four years at Kirksville high school. I learned that individuality is important and that finding a group to support you is necessary. I am headed to college this year and honestly wish I could go back to high school just one more year. Kirksville high school will always feel like home to me.
The academics are good, but the school overall lacks diversity and motivation of students and teachers alike.
Start Your Review of Kirksville R-III School District
Kirksville High School provides an excellent education considering the limited resources available in this economically diverse community. The students and school benefit from the string of teachers that are graduates of the highly ranked Truman State University, local to Kirksville. Many of my fellow graduates have gone on to become leading members of society around the United States and even globally as college professors, doctors, lawyers, and key executives. With that said, an excellent education and post secondary readiness awaits anyone ready to work hard.
I like how Kirksville Schools are open for all people and accepting. The district listens to students and even had the school board, the principle, the superintendent, and others come and listen to the public speaking class about things that many students would like to see change. I would like air conditioning in the Gym and a bigger parking lot, but other than that I like Kirksville High School and the district!
Kirksville High School has been a great school to attend the last 3 years. I have made tons of friends from all of the opportunities I have been given. There are tons of clubs and organizations as well as awesome sports teams to be apart of. Kirksville High School has done well to have something for everyone. One thing that they could improve on is some of the teachers. I think they need to have set standards and tests that they have to take in order to keep teaching. The best two teachers at the Kirksville High Schoool are Mrs.Bane and Mrs.Grossnickle. They are great teachers because they have expanded my knowledge tremendously and have pushed me to be better in the classroom and outside of it. More important they have been someone I can can't on for anything. They are always there for any struggle with school or life and I think that is an important trait for a great teacher.