Kingston City School District Reviews

I would like to see a change to increasing the money spent on our athletics programs. I love all of the academics that are available and the school has a very wide diversity. But what I would like to see change the most about our school is how to prevent bullying
The school district overall average. There are no charter schools which is one of my only complaints.
It’s actually not bad, the new renovations and additions to the high school has made it look much nicer and convenient. Other school I’ve attended, such as bailey middle schools and chambers elementary school are also very nice.
Start Your Review of Kingston City School District
The Kingston city school district is up and coming since I became a freshman. Throughout my four years of high school, Kingston high school underwent major construction and many new facilities were put into place. However, the teachers should be more closely monitored in my opinion because many of them are far from capable of teaching a classroom. I find it to be terrible how some of the faculty are given the responsibility to teach students but instead would rather neglect their duties and sit on their phones all class period.
The Kingston City School district is diverse and welcoming. Especially in the high school with around 2000 students and a bunch of clubs, there's a place for everyone to fit in.
With the new remodels, the students are able to enjoy school more. Though something that Kingston City School’s were always able to do is help make sure that the students had all the resources available for them to succeed.
Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor Poor
The district lacks proper funding, it has an inability to get updated technology and puts its objectives before the care of its students. Many teachers do try but there is an abundance of teachers that do not care and will teach in one style and do not care if all their students comprehend what they are teaching. Kingston had construction going on during Regents Exams (Regents determine whether a student passes the class or not). Kingston High School at a multitude of months in which students and teachers couldn't hear their own thoughts do to the noise of construction. Kingston exploded one of their buildings at the high school with children in the adjoining buildings. I would not recommend Kingston as a school district.
Kingston high school (KHS) is one of the more ordinary and plain schools I've ever gone to despite the level of ethnic diversity it has.
Everything from the staff, administrators, academics, and school resources are all relatively standard enough to suffice a student's educational needs.

The teacher diversity I felt was not all that great. The KHS staff is extremely volatile in terms of the level of education they provide.

The administrators are always making an effort to keep the school safe. They are quick at making decisions during bad weather or in the case of a school bombing or attack.

As far as school resources go, I think KHS has everything required for a student to learn at an efficient rate. They provide little things such as notebooks, pens, headphones, musical instruments such as piano, and so on.
THEY ARE REMODELING THE BUILDING. THE TEACHERS ARE ALWAYS HELPFUL AND LOTS OF AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS FOR THE STUDENTS TO GET INVOLVED IN. THEY OFFER CLASSES THRU COMMUNITY COLLEGE TO HELP THE STUDENTS GET COLLEGE CREDITS CHEAPER. LOTS OF SPORTS FOR BOTH THE BOYS AND GIRLS.THEY PREPARE THE SENIORS FOR COLLEGE. AND THEY PROTECT THE SCHOOL AND IS VERY SAFE PLACE TO BE IN. THEY HAVE VEDING MACHINES FOR EVERYONE AND NEW LOCKER ROOMS
It was decent for the most part. There were a few teachers that did not help me at all and made my life more difficult. I am happy to be graduating and moving on in my life.
Our Art department is one of the best in my opinion. We have so many options to express our creativity. I would like to see a change in the disciplinary actions and the connections between students and teachers grow
I loved all the teachers I had and I am very excited for the new ones I will meet for my final year. There were a lot of ups and downs and I never knew what would be going on in class or what kind of drills we were going to have that day. I lost a lot of friends but for every one I lost a new one was gained. There were a few problems with bullying however that made me not feel safe. I was pretty popular in school and I got decent grades, but there were some kids that would try and push me around because they were still smarter than I was without trying. I worked very hard to get the grades I did and even then I was told I wouldn't get into a good college and be successful. I am now going into my senior year, looking for new experiences and I hope to excel not only as a student but also as a person. I wouldn't change anything about this school, other than healthier food choices for the students.
I loved kingston high school. I felt very safe and i had a good group of friends. I enjoyed the different events we had. I think it is good for preparing you for college becuae the guidance couselors were very helpful and so were the classes. Many of my teachers prepared me in the best way possible. I will always cherish my memories from my beloved school.
The faculty at the schools in the Kingston City School district is very respectful and kind. The only problem about this school district is about cleanliness. In Kingston High School, there are many cockroaches and it is disgusting. I have seen five in the last year.
With over 400 students in each grade level, there is a significant amount of diversity at Kingston High. There are so many opportunities to take college courses to get a head start or several electives just for students' enjoyment. The sports teams and clubs offer a wide range of after school activities for everyone.
The Kingston City School District does not put enough emphasis on the arts or music. The high school has a phenomenal choir and band, however, students are not usually encouraged fully to take up an instrument or join choir. The student body at times can be hostile and unwelcoming. The teachers are sub-par, and many of them don't seem to like their students, or their jobs. These teachers and higher ups like vice principals and guidance counselors need to be reassessed and possibly reviewed for furthering their careers at this school district.