Kern Union High School District Reviews

I really loved the quality of education the district provides. Every teacher has extraordinary passion for their material and show no hesitation when approached for help. Diversity is top-notch across Stockdale High School, and events like Unity Week enhance acceptance of all cultures. Extracurriculars are amazing, especially the Stockdale High School Silver Mustang Band and Colorguard. In spite of all of these positives, I feel that there is significant room for improvement as far as safety and food quality is concerned. Fights are frequent across the district, and there has been a few notable false threats of violence during the years I spent at Stockdale. Fire/disaster/active shooter drills are unorganized messes, and, while they have slightly improved, they still provide very little reassurance that the school is capable of appropriately handling catastrophe.
I can only speak for the school I attend in this district (Golden Valley High School) but overall, the school is average. The staff is mediocre but it had a handful of amazing teachers that make it not too bad. The worst part about it is the extreme lack of school spirit. It seems as if most of the students at the school have don't care about anything. Overall, the school makes for an average high school experience.
From what I've seen and experienced this school district is becoming more involved in more than just the sports of their schools. They are starting to care more about the plans that students are thinking of having after high school is over. These schools no longer live in the lives of only the players of their sports but now also in the education that their students are receiving.
Start Your Review of Kern Union High School District
It was alright. It could be different, but overall with all the schools in the district it does help. I do think they could improve on diversity and such but overall I think there is a lot of potential in most of our schools in this district.
What i like about Kern High school district is that they are very caring district . And , care about kids learning
Sometimes i feel like i only go to school and then come back. I wish there was more to do close by. The food is great but it does get boring sometimes I wish there would be a change. Also Milk is not good for me i wish they had more juice to offer. Open campus would be nice too.
Kern High school district is a good district because the staff really help. If you have any questions academically or personally, you can count on the staff to help guide you. Not only that, but students are pushed to their absolute best academically. We have a very diverse district that offer many clubs and sports.
What I really like about the kern union high school district the most is the diversity. There’s so many people that meet from different backgrounds and the teachers are really supporting too. I feel really comfortable at school but would love if they changed the school food up. Cleaner restrooms would also be another change!
Going to school in Kern Union High School District gave me many opportunities for growth. With options in what I wanted to learn and the resources to help me go in any direction I chose, as well as supportive staff offering advice and counseling for any issues along the way.
I cam into the Kern Union High School student as a freahman and I was not like I am right now. Meaning that I am not as out going, involved, or well spoken like I an now. West high school home of the Vikings has shown me that you can be any size,color, sexual orientation and still do what you want. I really respect my school because of that. What i also like about my school is that its teachers are very involved in our education. Every staff at West has been nothing but generous and kind to anyone and everyone. For example, i talk to one ladies that help prepare the schools lunch about my education and just about school in general and i stop going to her. The third day i didn't go to her so showed up in my third period class and had a talk with me. Just checking up on me and making sure that nothing had happened to me. It has been a while since i had a person out of my family show me how important I am to them in a long time. And that is mosg of the staff at West
The culture within my school is ever-changing and my senior class has been pretty positive that you see reflect on our school. I would like to see the rest of the incoming senior classes to be better than the last.
Almost everyone I have encountered at Kern Union High School District has been very pleasant and ready to help ease my concerns. They are very supportive and look forward to the success of the students. The people working there take pleasure in answering any questions my mom and I may have.
The free lunch was one of the best things for everyone because not a lot of people have money to feed them selves or family too feed them. Another was the free education because like I said parents can afford it.
It’s the best, the reason why is it’s near town and I can travel to any other school in the district to go see the games, meet other students, and do SAT test or summer school. In my experience I was able to learn a lot in my study’s and meet pretty cool people, & the teachers really did teach. Plus I felt a bond between the teachers, I felt like if I needed help on the subject they got me, also in question that I personally had. I feel like that I’m not judged because in school I may sometimes ask a dumb question and the teacher would just explain why or why not it is possible or why it won’t work. That help me to develop and learn the skills that I now have to proceed in my study’s, and find my place in the work force.
It was good, I just wish they would get on top of the lazy teachers and that we would get more funding.
They do not pay their teachers or staff enough which is probably why the morale is so low, it is as if no one cares anymore.
I have felt supported and heard by teachers and administration whenever an issue or concern was presented.
Start Your Review of Kern Union High School District
I would like my district to change in many ways. I think the number one thing the schools must change is the food. Nobody ends up eating it and 60% ends up going in the trash! Secondly, the teachers in our district, though there are some good ones, there are ones there only for the money. In sports, gender-equality is not great, with no teams for girls in football and other sports. I also feel we must renovate the whole school. Everything is old and falling apart, the bathrooms have cracks, the classrooms are tiny, and the cafeteria is a madhouse.
I've had an amazing experience at Liberty High School, in the Kern High School district. I feel that I've been given all the tools to succeed in college and I had a few very impactful teachers that have influenced me and helped me realize my potential and talents.
I really enjoyed the whole community in my time going to school in this district. Majority of my resources i have come in contact with have come from spending my time in the Kern High district. They have been extremely helpful with my future education and career choice.