Kent City Community Schools Reviews

The teachers do well to educate you. I have had some very good teachers in my high school and middle school experiences. The sports programs are good and coaching is very good. The student body is respectful.. Some parts of the school is lacking, some teachers were not helpful , but overall a good school.
Kent City is a public school in a small-town. The academics offered here are average. There are no honors or AP classes offered, but we have exceptional art and music programs. Many of the teachers are coaches or lead clubs which is a great way for students to build stronger relationships with the staff. For being such a small school, there are many great ways to get involved, marching band, forensics, writing team, and many other available activities are offered to help students become more involved. We excel in our conference for many of our sports teams and have a great community of parents that support the teams. The facilities at our school are a little outdated such as the labs and bathrooms, but we have a great sports complex with a new gym. As a smaller school, we do not have a lot of cultural difference and the amount of students that apply to competitive colleges is low. Overall, the administration cares about the students and provides a safe environment of learning.
At a glance, Kent City is just a small school surrounded by cornfields, but it is truly special. I've been a student of Kent City since kindergarten, so I've had the full experience. Since we are so small, everyone does their part in contributing to the school's many sports, clubs, and groups. Many students double up and triple up on extracurriculars. The basketball player is in the school play, and the marching band, and the writing team and so on. Everyone gets a chance to experience all these things. The teachers here are unparalleled. Many of them are more than just teachers -- they are also friends and mentors. As a school, we hold many accolades for our sports and activities. Just this year, a large bond was approved that will provide many new things for the school, which I'm sure will improve future student's experiences. To sum up, I would rate my experience with Kent City very highly. I'm proud to say I am a Kent City Eagle!
Start Your Review of Kent City Community Schools
I loved my time at Kent City because I always felt like I could talk to any of the teachers if I needed help. I also feel very prepared for next year when I go to college.
Kent City Community Schools are the best school to raise a child. I have had my first day there and I soon will have my last day there, and in my not so humble opinion is that I have turned out fairly great. And this is true with almost all of my classmates many of whom I shared that first day with. That's one thing that this survey isn't taking into account, the quality of the people they are putting into the world. That I can confidently put as a "Excellent" (5 out of 5).
I really liked the overall community that the schools are a part of as they are the center of the whole town.
I’m an exchange student in Kent city high school this year. The teachers and office workers have been so kind to me. The school principal is a great man, kind and very close to his students.
I liked that you could take college courses through grcc and that the teachers actually cared about how you were doing and what they could do to make thing better for you and for everyone else around you. The administration was always very on top of things and were always wanting to improve. Not only did I go to Kent city for my whole life, but I’ve lived in the small town for my whole life. The people that I got the opportunity to meet over my whole 18 years of life have made me who I am today. You don’t realize how much people have such a impact on you as a person. That’s why I enjoyed Kent city as a whole all together.
It was a wonderful experience! A very friendly, helpful environment! I would recommend this school for how self-efficient the schools are. You are guaranteed to get the best help you're looking for! It has some down falls, but every school does! You'll enjoy some cheesy fries at football games, and enjoy the embedded school spirit that seeps through the halls. The principal of the high school is the most energetic, positive principal I've ever met. He defies all stereotypes! You will walk the halls and be reminded that it's always a great day to be an eagle, and that will feel heart warming to any student who attends. The counselor is the best yet. He will make sure you leave his office satisfied, and you will truly feel helped and appreciated.
Kent City is a very tight knit community that values their students and athletics. Kent City goes great strides to ensure their students receive the education and support they deserve.
My experience with Kent City community schools wasn't all bad I've made some really good memories. I did learn a lot in school but I did struggle in math a lot and my math teacher didn't really help me even if I stayed after so that is one thing I wish I could change.
Too many teachers were coaches, and they put their sport first instead of education. A teacher would play movies that had nothing to with the class at all, which wasted time. Not enough academic clubs. No tutoring of any kind. There were not many classes offered in person, majority were online. Information was not shared well with the WHOLE student body.
I went to Kent City all my life. The teachers that I had were great and really cared about the student's success.