Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Reviews

I’ve always been an outcast and the schools here focus on sports and popularity not that every student should have the same opportunities and others.
As a student of KPBSD I feel like there is good diversity, and a fair amount of opportunities. However, sometimes the budget cuts will slash some activities, or the activities will need to fundraise to continue on.
As a former student and a now parent of a student attending Soldotna High School I believe the quality of learning has not changed in 20 years. The classes are not over crowded and this gives the student/teacher the one on one time to really understand the topics and learn in a way that isn't rushed. The school has prepared our daughter for the next level of learning.
Start Your Review of Kenai Peninsula Borough School District
I really enjoyed how competitive the sports were between the schools. It was a good rivalry, but also allowed us to develop good sportsmanship. In addition, I loved the teachers at Soldotna High School. They were all so nice and were always willing to go above and beyond to help students. I learned a lot from most of my classes.
The KPBSD has incredible teachers! Every single one here is devoted to helping us students succeed, thrive, and improve in everything. They love us and are truly the very definition of an excellent teacher!
Overall, I enjoy being part of the KPBSD. It is a community based school district that focuses on the students. I enjoy the student-teacher communication and bonds that are formed over the school years. If I could change anything about the district, it would be the availability of AP Classes. It would be nice to have more options other than just Literature, Language, and Calculus.
The school district had an easy way about things but still upheld standards and was overall great. The teachers were great at helping us learn the materials and helping us when we got stuck or behind in anything.
I learned a lot in everything that I took there, and I would recommend its program to other students as well.