Keller Independent School District Reviews

I would love to see someone competent run this community. There are so much that I would love to see changed. Fine Arts definitely needs more funding, and the food the students eat are actual garbage.
The Keller school district provided very good opportunities for its students whether it be with sports or academic fields. They're main goal is for you to succeed and be ready to leap into the future and accomplish the goals that you set out. I don't know what kind of person or student I'd be if not for the Keller School District.
A school district where one school receives all of the funding while the rest of the schools are not given the same opportunities.
Start Your Review of Keller Independent School District
They offer a lot of courses that bring new opportunities to us, as well as create a very competitive environment so that many students strive to be better.
I would believe that the only downside is that the administration (excluding counselors), never seem like they truly care unless they're face to face with a parent.
Growing up within the KISD school district was incredibly challenging, but it proved to be very rewarding. The skills I have learned within the district have prepared me to enter college life well prepared for rigorous courses. I have them to thank for pushing me to the brink and making me unveil my true potential as a student.
What I like about the Keller School district is that the feeling of Safety is paramount across the campuses. This allows for more student involvement without the fear of violence or minor crimes nearby. The District continually tries to push students forward in their academics or extra-curricular activities, which spreads into most facets of a student's life. Students that have graduated also are more prepared for their next stage in life.
I really enjoyed my time at Fossil Ridge. It was a good school with many kind teachers, though I did hear others complain about teachers I didn't have.
Keller is overall a good district and I would recommend prospective parents to put their child through the system, but no district is perfect. While there are some flaws in KISD, there is a caring environment here and kids are in good hands.
It is A great school district with great sports, teachers somewhat care but they’re pretty bad. I’ve been in Keller Isd my whole life and the district itself is great and there is a lot of school culture. I love this district I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is willing to put their kid into the system.
Some things about this district are dumb. The rules, dress code, etc... But there is also a lot of good stuff about this district too. The location is awesome and the people are the best. Some of the teachers, however, definitely should not be teaching.
Truly, I love the leadership that Keller ISD placed in my high school, Fossil Ridge. Mr. Hadley, the principal of Fossil Ridge, is truly one of a kind. He cares about his school in a way that I’ve never seen a principal do before. He would go out of his way to water the plants on display in the front of the school, reward students for accomplished goals, and to even pick up trash outside on the lawns. Him, along with every other member of the staff, are what made my experience in Keller ISD an incredible one.
The Keller independent school district was great for the most part. There is so much to say about a school district that I have been a part of for twelve years. It has its downfalls like most schools, including cafeteria food and the occasional teacher who may have chosen the wrong profession. That being said the school district has successfully grown with its students and technology. Having dealt with many teachers from the district I am happy to say I have had more positive than negative experiences. As time goes on the district seems to bring on more success with new programs, like the CNA, Vet. Tech. and Pharm. Tech. program.
The resources are top notch.
There needs to be more rigor and structure. It has been become more laid back. Teachers, students, admin and parents all seem to be doing less.
I love the atmosphere of Keller, its schools, and the overall societal environment. I have always felt safe, whether at school, church, or walking around the town. I would love to see Keller become even more accepting of differences, and become more open minded.
The moral of the students and teachers is admirable. The district works very hard to always improve the schools and take care of all their students. Compared to other districts in the area, its a privilege to go to Keller ISD.
I had a very good high school experience. That being said I had very little preparation in the way of academics for college. Especially in the math and science departments. The teachers I had for the most part enjoyed their jobs, but the overseeing faculty had virtually no interaction or care for what went on in the day to day operations.
I've been a part of the Keller Independent School District for all of my education. From Pre-K all the way up to the 5th grade, I had the opportunity to be in the bilingual program. That for one, is a very commendable attribute because not many districts offered the bilingual, especially during that time. Also, English was not mine or my parents' first language, and I think that Keller ISD has done a great job in making my family and I feel welcomed. This school district also has one of the most diverse student population in the area, which is always great.
Start Your Review of Keller Independent School District
My experience with my school has been a very questionable one. The education is fairly good due to my school being a college prep. The staff however needed work.
The sports teams in Keller are not good considering there are four separate high schools. It is annoying having to share the football stadium with the other 3 high schools, they should have their own. Most staff are not helpful or nice. I had a teacher one time that was very disrespectful to me and that reflected on my grades.
What I really like about KISD is that there are always people there to help you when you need it. Counselors, teachers, extra curricular activity heads, coaches, etc. What I would like to see change is how the curriculum is taught. Sometimes for students it goes by too fast, and others its is a huge drag. If the district could discover a way to meet the needs of ALL of their students, and not just the ones who are making the "points" for the school, I think our district could be so much better! Our district is already pretty spectacular, if this change could happen...the sky is the limit for KISD!