Kansas City Public Schools Reviews

There are pros and cons to attending a school in an urban neighborhood. Pros being the unity you feel with your student body and the drive you get from being around low income areas and wanting to see better for yourself. I met some of the best teachers at my school. They wanted to see us succeed in the world, not just academically but in all aspects of life. The biggest con was funding, having enough money to support the schools' necessities was always an issue.
At four a.m., our cat lays a starling down in the hallway. The bird’s complaint sounds like green branches snapping. Its eye contains night sky. To soothe it, I bend my words into a gentling music. I make my voice like cool water on sun-warm stone. My husband reveals his bicycle accidents carefully: “I laid my bike down yesterday. Let’s go easy.” Four years we’ve lived without a car; we speak with new fragility. We’ve come to accept the gravity of traveling without walls of steel and glass. Our bodies are part sky, part bird. We move through air alone.
This school district is overall decent, there's not much to offer especially at Lincoln College Preparatory Academy.
Start Your Review of Kansas City Public Schools
My experience was average if not barely average. It wasn't the best. I definitely would of liked to be informed more on the process of applying to college worked and finding scholarships. The councillor at the time (2016) at F. L. Schlagle didn't help as much. What I would of liked are classes or times during the school day that inform you about how the transition between highschool to college is. While I was there I wasn't informed until my senior year. What I would say to upcoming students or highschool seniors is to do your own research on on scholarship, colleges, internship, etc. They are important and the earlier you're informed the faster you'll be on track to getting everything set towards college.
Kansas City Kansas Public Schools has helped me to make a choice to pursue a career. The staff encourages their students to get an education. They have staff that help students to be orientated in a young age.
Teachers are amazing and willing to do anything to help us with any work! I have been in this school district since I have moved from Los Angeles. Great District. Teacher and education is very good. One thing they do need to change is the way the food industry works within. They do not provide good food, or any snack bars. Besides that, its great! Great with diversity and sport academics. They all really push their students to do.
I have been attending schools in the Kansas City area since the 1st grade until high school graduation. All of the schools encouraged academic honesty and valued hard work. Teachers are always doing more to help students achieve their goals and do better in the classrooms by meeting with parents and providing extra resources. I have always felt safe in the schools, and even though there were a few instances where our emergency procedures came into play, we knew exactly how to handle it because of our previous and diligent practices. Overall, I would like my kids to also grow up in this area and attend Kansas City Public Schools because I believe that their missions and goals have helped me to be where I am today.
The schools were ok, They were kind of like the schools you see on television. Normal middle school and high school things. I didnt do sports in high school but I was a cheerleader in middle school.
Overall, pretty good staff. Teachers will work with you if you put your part in . Food is okay could be better though.
It was average I didn’t enjoy the culture of the school. Academics were average compared to Johnson county schools,
More involvement in the lives of students besides from just school. People only seem to care about students only inside the walls of the building. We need more people who are willing to go the extra mile for kids inside and outside of school.
The experience that I had at my school was not that good. On top of the fact that the school was underpaid the environment was very hostile. The staff there focused more on discipline more than education. However, there where a few programs within the school that did a nice job preparing its students to graduate.One great thing that I would also like to emphasize is the culture and the spirit of the school. It was something that I will never forget and will always carry with me.
I've attended KCK public schools my whole life. I learned so much from my teachers. My experience over all was great! What I liked the most about KCK public schools was how the teachers and staff actually cared about the well being of the students, making sure they did everything they could to see each student succeed. What I would like to see in the future for KCK public schools is better funding to keep amazing teachers and staff. Better funding to obtain better supplies for students.
I love this district, although they are strict with some rules, they really are nice at keeping our schools safe. Plus, their administration is really nice and friendly.
Loved the diversity. Disliked the difference in standards between Sumner and every other USD500 school.
I would have to say that my school is OK but it is not the best. The education level is fantastic. The teacher are all supportive of the students and teach well, for me they teach well. The one thing that would be a problem would be the way that they spend there money. All the money that we get is wasted or spent on image. we got a new library, lunch room, and we got new TV's that we don't even use. They are starting to fix the bathrooms that we have but first they fix two bathrooms and they are on opposite sides of the school. After those were fixed they worked on the the others at the same time. so now a school with with 7 bathrooms for boys and girls now only have 2 for each. So i would have to say on the learning aspect it is good but they don't know timing and money importance.
There are so many cultures in Kansas City Public Schools. The student is well educated and determined. Teachers are nice and comfortable to have conversations. If something wrong you can always talk to them. One thing that needing to get better is the place.
Start Your Review of Kansas City Public Schools
I both graduated from this district and taught in this district. The administrators only concern is numbers. These children are being pushed through and are graduating with NO ability to move forward unless they want to wait tables or clean hotel rooms for a living. Teachers are forced to accept that the admin changes the grades of some of the students to move them forward. Well paid babysitters and the teachers know this. They start out good, then they realize what is happening and as soon as they get enough money they are out. 2-3 years and the teachers rotate out or BURN OUT. Too much drama from Admin.
What I like about Kansas City Public Schools is that they really care about where you go after high school. In highschool, they do help you with the assignments handed to you and they talk to you if they feel that something is wrong with you. The teachers always try to get you involved with activities and prepare you for the act and tests. They are available and will make time out of their schedule just to meet with you one on one.
I enjoyed most of the staffs. Some teachers go out of there way to really help children and teens grasp the concept of a subject that they might have trouble with. Other teachers could care less. Regardless of that I grew up and attended KCKPS my entire childhood year and graduated top of my class at this last May! (2017) I made a lot of memories when many of the staffs, faculties, and students. There are some really special teachers who do make a difference, often times students scare them off. Please appreciate these hard-working Staffs/Teachers.