Kaneland Community Unit School District No. 302 Reviews

Kaneland has caring and hard working teachers and staff. The elementary and middle school level have exceeded our expectations in their staffs ability to teach students with heart and really care about their students and how they are learning. The time and effort the teachers put in are invaluable and is obvious in the lessons they plan and how engaged the students are when they are in their classrooms.
This school has some incredible teachers that you can form lasting bonds with, and the choral program is wonderful-the teacher puts so much work into it and creates amazing experiences for his students. Kaneland also has many clubs, but they deserve more funding rather than a ton of money going to football when our team isn't great. The diversity is bad as well, because it's in a rural area, only 2% African American. The counselors are assigned and I got one that does not help me at all! It's very discouraging because I'm trying to figure out future colleges and schedules on my own basically. There are only one or two good counselors. Aside from that, Kaneland is a pretty good school, and I have learned many things and the importance of hard work.
Very involved in college preparation and readiness. The teachers and administration are active participants in student life and success. There are few safety concerns. However, the diversity is lacking due to location.
Start Your Review of Kaneland Community Unit School District No. 302
The people are all nice enough, It's the school itself that's depressing. Everything is breaking, its old and crumbly. All the funding goes towards sports. I don't think they've gotten really new art supplies or updated textbooks since the school was built.
If you have a child with an iep you will have trouble here. Terrible program they try to put them in highly restrictive program away from general education students. This is taking away a childs rights. They over diagnose kids so that they dont have to deal with them in a general education class. Leaders pressure parents and bully. Several dropped ieps of kids who need a little extra help because of how they handle things. I used to speak nightly of kaneland schools. Now I'm embarrassed that my children have to be in this district.
I liked the involvement that the school provides. You are encouraged to become apart of something or create something that others can be apart of.
The schools are located close to me. Harter Middle School is a very nice building and I like the set-up with the separation of grades and then into teams. I loved John Stewert Elementary School. The teachers were very nice and cared about their students. The building was in good condition. The high school was not so good. Most teachers cared more about talking about their personal lives than actually teaching. The building is falling apart. The curriculum is sub-par.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Cocaineland sucks
This school has supportive teachers but lacks in its extracurricular department and its academics. I would love to see more AP classes.
It's a very good district. The middle school is excellent and the high school could use some improvement. It's a very safe school district and the Knights are very proud! There is a lot of school spirit here and everyone is proud to be a knight.
I went to Kaneland for all 4 years of my high school experience. I would say overall the atmosphere was good for me. There wasn't a lot of diversity within the faculty or student body. I remember my last year of high school being great and I had a lot of fun there. However, they are not good at getting students ready for college. I, along with several other kaneland students, had a big struggle with adapting to college. That was the biggest problem for me personally, and overall I enjoyed my time there.
I really enjoyed my years as a student at Kaneland High School. It is a warm &a friendly environment & I have always felt welcome. I have a received a great education and excelled in my classes.
Kaneland high school is an average high school. the teachers are nice and are willing to help. The school tries to make sure that all of its students are ready for college.
As a graduate, looking back the school was not that bad if you found out where you belonged and if you participated in class. The teachers and staff were very involved. The only issue I had was driving 45 minutes to get to school every day. The area of the school district was so big.
my experience at kaneland high school has been good. I think that most of the teachers care about you and your education. With this school you get what you put in.
I really like this school district. It has really good teachers and a good curriculum. I like the academics and classes. They have a lot of really different classes to offer for your future career. The atmosphere is positive and everyone is always so helpful.
Kaneland Community Unit School District #302 is unique in that it encompassess 11 towns and municipalities. The school district is the one unifying component that brings people together and creates a sense of community within an expansive district. The Kaneland Community not only values education, it values integrity, citizenship, and compassion. Whether it is rallying around the scholastic team, the football team or a local family in need, the students, staff, and parents form a bond that cannot be broken.
Start Your Review of Kaneland Community Unit School District No. 302
Overall strong AP classes and great commitment from all teachers, but the social studies department could be improved.
Kaneland has a very good athletic program, including their football team and baseball team. Their track & field team has also done very well in the past few years. Their education, I would say, is average. There are many teachers who have been there for a while. The schools itself those is very dirty. There are a lot of bugs in the bathrooms and around the school. There are also a lot of fights that occur here. Drugs are a huge problem as well. Overall, I probably wouldn't send my children to this school, but there are a few nice things about it.