Johnston County Schools Reviews

If it wasn't for the fact that South Johnston is filled with amazing individuals then I wouldn't be giving it five stars. I would have gave it one maybe two stars not because its personally a bad school Its the teachers in it. The teachers display nothing not even a inch of caring for the students and its not just South Johnston its all of the Johnston County District. The fact that these teachers don't even care to help their students is saddening they expect us to know how to do calculus when most of us don't even know how to do simple division. Anyway my overall experience was okay not the best just okay and I hope they improve our schools and make them somewhat better for future students.
teachers are rude and use poor language. they have no control over students. if you plan on actually learning, good luck. you can't even hear the teacher most of the time.
We need more resources, such as class materials like textbooks, class sets of novels, etc. Students at the Early College should also have access to sports, band, or JROTC through the school system. We have the opportunity to take college classes through JCC to earn credit towards a degree while still in high school, which is good, and the athletics and band programs are generally well funded for those who can participate. However, many of the older school buildings are dirty and in disrepair and they need fixing.
Start Your Review of Johnston County Schools
I like many of the teachers in JCS. Most of the faculty care for their students and want to ensure they are okay. The schools overall are okay. However, I would like to see a crack down on bullying.
I like that my school, Cleveland High School, is a nice, clean, new school. We don’t have to worry too much about safety and the scheduling of the schools tend to be nice.
Johnston County is a small community. It's easy to make friends with people who don't even attend your school.
At sporting events, the players have a good sense of sportsmanship and the coaches are respectful to their players and opposing coaches and players.
I enjoyed growing up in Johnston county, the school system and community have made me into the strong minded, and determined young woman I am today.
I have been in the Johnston County School system for going on eight years. I have not had any bad experience with this school system but I would recommend it to other families looking for schools to enroll their child in.
The teachers and staff care about the students and they have a whatever it takes attitude to ensure that we are successful. I had some learning challenges but I was never made to feel like I was less than or different by my teachers. I will forever remember the impact many of them had on my life.
Cleveland high is a great environment to be in as a kid. There are so many options and pathways to take while in high school which sets you up for college. One thing I loved the most, while in high school you can also attend the local college (JCC) and take classes their as well. These classes will transfer to any college and will get you a head plus the classes are cheap.
The school system is very good at keeping the students in the schools safe. I would like to see the school system have a view on different school functions other than sports.
Teachers were lovely and dress code was nice, but assistant principals was horrible! Food was nasty and a lot of favortistm with students. Unecessary classes.
I would like to the the racism to change in benson because they are very discriminating against Hispanics or races other than white.
In the atmosphere of Johnston County Public schools, I feel there are several issues that need to be adjusted. There are several areas in which I feel I am unsafe traveling to school because there are constantly threating coming upon Corinth Holders. As I am preparing to finish out my senior year, I feel like there is so little that we as students are able to do to change things around here.
I really do not know what i like there is not much to like about it.I would like to see a lot of things change like the clayton high school old building needs to be rebuild and the bathrooms need to be cleaned more and our school lunch needs to be better.
I have been a student in Johnston County Schools my entire school career. The education is subpar and disdainful. The way the school system is set up it is emotionally and physically draining on a child and does not prepare you for real-life situations. Johnston County Schools should have better academics. It seems that the schools focus more on agriculture instead of other real-world jobs.
My experience with Johnston County Schools was an incredibly negative one. As a school district, they pride themselves in claiming to help students prepare for life, meanwhile they refuse to address any serious issues that the students face.
For example; my sophomore year I was inappropriately touched- unwillingly- by another student. The administration didn't even report it. The incident was brought to the attention of the school by my father after I called him bawling from a school bathroom. The teachers push their political views on students and are only ever focused on the sport teams versus their lesson plans.
If you have the choice between sending your kids to Wake County Schools, or Johnston County Schools - ALWAYS pick Wake County.
I enjoyed attending Johnston County Schools because it is a smaller school district and I was able to attend classes with people that I knew from elementary school all through high school. Classmates live in the same area that I do, and it was easier to maintain friendships. I am also on the golf team and was able to meet other students from all over the county.
Start Your Review of Johnston County Schools
I like the way the schools try and maintain the quality of the school. One thing they are not doing correct in some specific schools is the discipline of students that have not behaved.
I loved many of my teachers, but I had several that did not care much about my education. The high school I attend is wonderful, but my middle school needed a lot of maintnence .
Johnston County Schools are some of the best schools to send your children. The administration is wonderful and so is the faculty and staff. The coaches and students at the school all look out for one another and they make sure everyone is doing their part. There is never a bad day in Johnston County Schools with the adults around us students helping us to fulfill our dreams.