Jessamine County Public Schools Reviews

I like that Jessamine County is relatively small, so I feel more valued as a student, with more one-on-one time with counselors than I feel like I would've received in a larger school county. I also have had relatively positive experiences with Jessamine County staff, whether it be teachers, coaches, administrators, or guidance counselors. My only criticism would be of the "pathway" program. Although the "pathway" system they adopted a few years back allows students to learn more about careers they are interested in pursuing, I feel it puts too much pressure on incoming Freshman. When I was just beginning high school, I was told that I needed to pick a pathway (from about 7-10 choices) and complete a handful of classes in that pathway to graduate. I felt immense pressure and just picked a random one, Marketing. However, there were many other pathways available that I and many other students weren't aware of; Band, AP, Art, etc. Other than that confusion, it is an overall good county.
Overall, I have enjoyed my school tenure. Throughout my twelve years, I have crafted a multiplicity of friendships that will stand the test of time, made memories I won't soon forget, and developed a love and personal drive for education I intend to carry into college. I can vividly recall nail bitingly close home basketball games, studying for hours on end to pass a seemingly impassible test, finishing my first ever painting in art class, and receiving my student parking pass, and a myriad of other recollections. As with all things, there were periods of struggle and trial, but the good far outweighs the bad pertaining to my experience with Jessamine County Schools.
I have had a great experience at West Jessamine High School. The facilities weren't that great, but they will be after the huge renovation they are doing currently is complete.
Start Your Review of Jessamine County Public Schools
I have been enrolled in Jessamine County Public Schools since Kindergarten. I am currently a senior and my overall experience has been positive. The strongest aspects of JCPS include the variety of clubs, sports, and activities offered to students. JCPS puts lots of resources into ensuring students are kept safe and feel safe at school creating a positive school climate. JCPS has taken many measures to improve the safety in school including renovating building, lock-down procedures, providing safety officers, and anti-bullying campaigns. JCPS teachers overall are nurturing and provide quality instruction, especially during the elementary and middle school years. My high school experience has not been as positive; teachers have not taken great measures to ensure that I understand the material they are trying to teach. Some teachers do not seem to spend time building relationships and occasionally create an atmosphere that makes it uncomfortable to ask questions.
Jessamine county is an amazing district. The teachers there truly care about the students and the vocational building is one of the best around.
Teachers are very supportive of you, lots of resources to use for school purposes,the opportunities are amazing because of jctc
This county is lacking. The teachers are good but the curriculum is not up to par. Neighboring counties are ahead.
Always behind their student athletes 100%. Great teachers too. I spent 7 years on the west high bowling team and we made it to state 5 of the seven years. This year we won the state championship. Our school has paid for almost 2/3 of our rings. They give their athletics the recognition they deserve.
Teachers, students, clubs, community are all part of what make Jessamine County Schools so great. I attended 13 years of school in this district. Teachers care about students being successful in school and life. Students help to create a great atmosphere to want to attend school sports and events. If you aren't involved in sports, there are many clubs and activities for all students. It is a small town and the community is actively involved in the schools as well.
I was an exchange student at EJHS for 1 year & had the best mind blowing experience! I met people that meant the world to me and I will never forget: I can’t even describe with words how much I love that place!!!
I have really loved being in this district. I have attended many different schools in the past and Jessamine has been my favorite so far. Here we seek ecellence in all things and you can really tell that each student is cared ofr and valued in this system. I have thouroghly enjiyed my experience here and i know that i have been enriched because of it.
Jessamine County Schools don't offer major clubs,and the ones that they do don't have regular meeting are participate in any other activities outside of the school. Schools within Jessamine county do not prepare their students for life after graduation. The grading system (standards based grading) allows multiple retakes and does not teaches students the importance of studying or working hard to get a good grade the first time. This is one of the main reasons students who graduate from here do not do well in college.
There are many amazing teachers that work in this district. Some sports teams could be treated better with funding and facilities given to practice in. I participated in wrestling, the funding for this sport was very poor they are very hesitant to introduce new sports and clubs in this district.
My children attend Jessamine County Public Schools , one of my Children s bullied on a daily basis , bulling was so bad I had to remove my child from school for the remainder of the school year . He attended night school . Hopefully this problem will be resolved next year or I'll have to find another option for my child
Jessamine County has expanded largely to include a West and East district, both with their own respective middle and high school, around 4 elementary schools, and one vocational option.
Amongst high schools, both West and East have their positives and negatives. West is more well known for their academics whereas East is better for their sports. However, students do have the option to attend both in the latter years of high school.
JCTC is a vocational school for both West and East students and is also the most well-liked out of all the options. Here, students can attend career specific courses (ex. Business/Marketing, Agriculture, Health Science, etc.) in a more relaxed yet hands-on setting.
A lot of effort is being put in to better all schools in the district, particularly the way "pathways" are set up. Kentucky requires students to complete a pathway in order to graduate and the county is continuously expanding their options to include such things as mechanics or military.
Jessamine county schools are small yet large. I like the wide range of courses and the feeling of self expression that lingers about. One thing I can say against the schools of jessaminr county is that the two larger schools have a one size fits all way of teaching, it's easy to fall through the educational cracks.
One thing I would change is college readiness. For example making sure the student knows the different writing formats, working with time management, financial aid, and more opportunities to visit colleges.
Start Your Review of Jessamine County Public Schools
Decent educational experience. Changed many times throughout my years. Like many other districts, mainly concerned about their standardized tests rather than our education for the future.