Jefferson County Schools Reviews

Jefferson County Schools gives students opportunities to be involved outside of school giving a fun experience. The academics and teachers create a challenging atmosphere that helps prepare the students to succeed.
When I went to Clay-Chalkville School it was amazing. It had a student body that supported the students, and also the school spirit was amazing. Being a student-athlete, Jefferson County provided us with a football turf not just at our school, but throughout the county everybody had good football fields.
Jefferson County school districts is a pretty good school system. The faculty and staff work together to help students become college and career ready using many new tools such as cromebooks and other types of advancements in technology.
Start Your Review of Jefferson County Schools
Jefferson County has potential to be a great system however I would like for them to change the way they treat certain schools. In my opinion they somewhat neglect certain schools.
Very good schools. Teacher, staff and principals are for helpful. The schools has great support when it comes to academic success and education.
Jefferson county schools system is very good as far as safety and there circulum for students. We are know for having some of the better schools throughout the city. I have grown a lot my years being hear and I think I am well prepared to continue my journey in life.
I like their support for sports. I would like to see better support for academic clubs, and better ACT preparedness before junior year. I would also like to see better resources that us students could use.
Everything About Jefferson County Schools Is Awesome! I’ve Been In Jefferson County Since Kindergarten Its Always Been Awesome.
Hoover High School is a GREAT place to be a student and matriculate on to college. Even though our school is very large, about 3,500 students, we have so many opportunities. Hoover High offers academies within the school that focus all of their classes towards a specific occupation. I am in the engineering academy. Each of my teachers is an actual certified engineer that has sacrificed being an engineer to be a teacher. I realize what a huge decrease in pay my teachers have given up for me and my fellow peers. The experience and the knowledge they impart to us on a daily basis is so crucial that Hoover High students actually graduate with licenses that the average high school student isn't even exposed to until college. By eleventh grade, Hoover engineering students are able to work in an engineering environment, gain vital shop experience, and make extra money. I feel extremely privileged and thankful to be a student at Hoover High School.
Jefferson county schools provide opportunities for many children to attend school and get an education. Teachers could be more understanding of student's as well as administrators.
I believe that Jefferson County Schools need better technology, better discipline, and better trained faculty. I graduated from Hueytown High School and was prepared for college, but after speaking with students from other districts and states, I was cheated out of a better education.
I got a great education at Hoover high school that prepared me to go college for baseball and kinesiology/excersise science.
Great school with a pleasant environment to be apart of the staff and students are very nice and welcoming to all minorities looking for a better education.
Jefferson county schools provide a great environment for children. I am currently attending Jefferson state community college, which has been a wonderful experience. By having a faculty who are devoted to the school and students play a major role. I have come to enjoy going to class and learning. My siblings attend Trussville city schools within the Jefferson county and they happen to share similar perspectives on the community. the school and activities are fun and exciting. Overall, Jefferson county serves as a great place for children as well as adults.
I love the diversity, but I hate the racial profiling and favoritism. I've had a fun, yet challenging time here in the system. College readiness and resources for these are absolutely a plus! I just wish that being equal and fair was more of a priority here!
I attend shades valley and i can say the staff there if supportive and want to see the best out of their students. They make sure that you are ready for life after school whether it’s going to college or starting work right after high school. You grow a bond with your teachers and they become one of your friends that you can speak to about anything.
Pinson valley high is a great school I will recommend all parents to take their kids their the teachers are great and we are a well established school and just all around amazing
Start Your Review of Jefferson County Schools
I enjoyed it because it was different from city schools. It was more diverse and had more learning opportunities.
If they had people who truly cared could've been better. Teacher acting like they hate being at work should be gone.
I like the fact that they care about students and their safety. I would like to see them remodel or build new schools for most of their towns in the school system.